Advice to Teens

What is some of the advice you are going to give your teens about the opposite sex, once they become old enough to date?

maggiebgood

Asked by maggiebgood at 2:54 PM on Jul. 3, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• I want my girls to really understand that their bodies are their temples and precious and never to be given at random to any boy. I also want them to be very very clear about all of the consequences sex can have and that boys usually only want one thing and will do almost anything to get it.
    dharmagirl

Answer by dharmagirl at 4:50 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• I have three sons. I've tried to teach them to respect girls, and to understand that if a girl is willing to do things to easily she may not have enough self respect, and they need to be respectful anyway. I've also taught them that they are equally responsible for birth control, and that regardless of whether the girl is on the pill or not they need to use protection. Never have sex with someone they don't care about and wouldn't want to be the mother of their children because NO birth control i s 100% effective.

They need to remember that sex has the power to create life....and the power to take it.....
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 3:04 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• always wear protection !!!
    jujuBoo1493

Answer by jujuBoo1493 at 3:34 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• For my daughters, I hope I can make them understand that boys will say and do anything to get them to give it up. I know they will probably not believe me until after the fact, but I am really doing my best to get them to understand that boys do not look at things the same way that girls do. If a girl hugs a boy, she's thinking that she's just being nice, he's thinking, oh she wants me. Also I want to try and get them to understand how precious their virginity really is, and not to just give it away, until it really means something...I know I sure wish I had waited until it meant something to me instead of just wanting to see what it was like...I don't want that for my daughters...
    chavela_carlita

Answer by chavela_carlita at 6:20 AM on Jul. 8, 2011