Gardasil and your daughter

GARDASIL also helps protect girls and young women ages 9 to 26 against 70% of vaginal cancer cases and up to 50% of vulvar cancer cases.

Did you have your daughter vaccinated with Gardasil? If not, what were your reasons for not having this done?

I did not have it done for my daughter because I felt that she would be a guinea pig because there has not been enough time to really learn what the long term side effects may be. I feel that the FDA often times rushes to put a drug out without fully knowing what harm could come from them.

maggiebgood

Asked by maggiebgood at 3:08 PM on Jul. 3, 2011 in Kids' Health

• My mum did the same as you when I was in 8th grade.
    kit_manson

Answer by kit_manson at 3:13 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• I got my daughter hers. I did because I felt it would be good for the reasons you stated above. She hads had all of her immunizations and vaccines, she is healthy as can be. But then again I come from a family of RNs.
    SeasideNative

Answer by SeasideNative at 3:15 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• No. I just didn't feel it necessary. Saw an ad in a magazine that it protects boys too now. Still not going to get it though. It's not effective enough to risk it.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 3:19 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• I won't. I feel it is too new and it is unnecessary.
    tangleballlover

Answer by tangleballlover at 3:22 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• My reasons would be similar to yours... I have a hesitancy to try anything that has not had a proven track record for long enough to know the side effects of the product....
    momof2redhedz

Answer by momof2redhedz at 2:41 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• mines too young
    WHITELIGHTJENNY

Answer by WHITELIGHTJENNY at 6:49 PM on Jul. 18, 2011