I am still feeling on edge about my Mom lying and hope it does not effect my ability to enjoy my holiday...

What do you do when people in your own family are two-faced? I wrote about this last night, but it really just bothers me!
I mean I did nothing yet I was left uninvited to a family gathering for my brother's birthday party.
I believe it's because my Hubby will not lend my Mother money. So my Mom is kissing up to my older sister, who's husband is just going to give my Mom money. He even calls her Mom.
But he just doesn't get it, he came into $80,000.00 and my Mom is interested in that.

SeasideNative

Asked by SeasideNative at 3:11 PM on Jul. 3, 2011 in Relationships

• yeah that really sucks that she is playing sides like that. but how about throwing something together and making it a tradition of your own? we have a fourth of july party every year and it really depends on where we are wether certain people can make it and how many. We are a military family. so we move alot. but we make the best of it and who ever comes comes. i say call a few friends and have a nice bbq with them. if you have kids we always just buy some water balloons and we have a little kiddie pool. this year we are doing a bean bag toss for some cheap little prizes and just have lots of good food to eat. And then we are all going to watch the fireworks on post.. i say make it a special day for your family even tho the rest of your family is being jerks. good luck and i hope the rest of your weekend improves.
    amberpaiz

Answer by amberpaiz at 3:15 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• I'm so sorry that your mom would behave this way. I can't imagine treating any of my kids that way.

All you can really do is create the family you really want with your husband and hope that your mom learns to appreciate you and your family for who you are. Don't let her ruin the holiday for you, or your husband and children. They deserve better.

Hugs to you, and good luck.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 3:16 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• just be nice,but not too nice.And talk about the weather.
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 3:19 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• call your brother to wish him a happy birthday and tell him you are missing him. ask him what he is doing, when he mentions the party say , hmmmm, that's odd, I wonder why I wasn't included. Sorry they didn't invite me, have a great birthday and leave it at that. bake a cake and celebrate that you have a good marriage.
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 5:00 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• im riding the same boat you are..... if i dont have it my brother an his family do.... i think of it this way i can only do what i can..
    19withtwins

Answer by 19withtwins at 6:00 PM on Jul. 3, 2011