How much should I help her move???

My neighbor who lives across from me in my apartment complex is moving to a different apartment in our complex  to have her rent lowered. (Not worth explaining, so please just take my word on this!) She had mentioned packing and whatnot and how not very many people had helped her when she moved in here. I think it's good to help people when you can. So I told her I'd try and help her some.

Here's where the problem is-this woman has A LOT OF STUFF!!!! Borderline hoarding. Tons of plants, 2 animals, stuff, stuff, stuff!!! Which means a lot more work!! She has known she was moving for a few weeks now and she has barely packed 3 boxes. She sleeps a lot (Fibromyalgia) and when she's up she waters the garden in the evening, but other than that she doesn't do a whole lot. I dont mind helping, but if she had packed 1-2 boxes a day she'd be a lot more ahead and now I'm afraid she'll try and make a workhorse out of me! What to do?

purplerobin

Asked by purplerobin at 3:15 PM on Jul. 3, 2011 in Relationships

• i would set a time that you can do it for her and keep to it. Get what you can done in that time frame and then be done with it. It does sound like she may take advantage of you offering so try and not let that happen.
    amberpaiz

Answer by amberpaiz at 3:18 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• Thanks, amberpaiz ! I think that's a great idea, b/c I'm fine with helping her, but in the end it's HER job to get herself moved-I did it all pretty much myself except for 2 days when I moved here from a different county.
    purplerobin

Comment by purplerobin (original poster) at 3:20 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• tell her you have an hour to help her and then limit it to that
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 4:58 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• tell her you are very busy help for maybe an hour or so at a time if you see her more of supervising then helping.... be nice an do it anyway or be busy until she gets moved...
    19withtwins

Answer by 19withtwins at 5:58 PM on Jul. 3, 2011