Who was the one

that wanted to keep having more children, you, your spouse, or both? Who brought up the idea first?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:05 PM on Dec. 15, 2008 in Relationships

• We always knew we wanted two children and that was all. So, two is what we had.
    Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 11:06 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• Ours just happened, we didn't try to stop it or make it happen (after failed attempts with clomid/provera) and after our last was born we decided it was enough and I got fixed.
    Should always be a mutual decision to have or not have.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 11:08 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• My husband. He already had one and so did I. Together we have one boy and one girl so I was happy with that but he said he wanted me to have more for him. He wants a laser tag team lol. I said I would have 2 more, thats it! I think 4 kids is a lot, but I also want to make him happy. We are baking up #3 now.
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 11:09 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• We both wanted one, so we had one but we both agreed we wanted to wait several years for another. Now I say I'm ready for another but he still wants to wait! I know I'm not actually ready for another quite yet but it probably won't be as long as we originally agreed before I start really wanting another!
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 11:19 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• We actually just had our first baby, and we have decided that as far as right now, that he will be an only child. Not because he isn't a perfect baby, and not because we can't handle him. We really just want to give him everything we can and we decided that we can do it better if we don't have to split everything up...
    cdanielle407

Answer by cdanielle407 at 11:21 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• #1 was a suprise had her and married her father we divorced a few months later......then I met my now SO and we lived in different states and on our first meeting my BIG suprise #2 lol he wanted another so our 2nd together my 3rd was totally planned and now we are having our 3rd together my 4th next month and she was another big suprise!! we are DONE!!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 11:25 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• We knew we wanted at least two, maybe three.

When we were pregnant with #2 I asked if he still wanted another. We kinda thought if we had two of one gender we'd go for a third and if we got one of each...we'd stop.

Well during my second pregnancy I asked and he said it was up to me. He'd go along with whatever I felt. I had a VERY strong sense that we were to have 3 children. I couldnt shake it and it was always in my head, I just knew we were to be a family of 5 and we wouldnt ever be complete without child #3.

So, we had #3...all the same gender and we couldnt imagine life w/o any of them. In the end, it was my decision.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 11:30 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• I really want to talk about it, just because I want to have some kind of a "plan". Our son is only three and a half months, and I want to continue to devote all of my time to him for a few more years before having another. Still, I want to be able to look in the future and know a little more! Hubby won't really talk about it yet, though.
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 11:30 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• My husband and I make these choices together. We've talked about the possibility of four kids for as long as I can remember - but it would not be something we would do unless both of us were on board. We're pregnant with number three now, and I don't know if we will still go for four. We'll decide that in a year or two.
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 11:59 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• Well, we only planned the first one. The second and third were happy accidents. We finally figured out how to keep that from happening though =)
    Silvertears1275

Answer by Silvertears1275 at 12:15 AM on Dec. 16, 2008