How old were your kids when you took them to see fireworks?

My SO and I love going to the park on the 4th of july to see the fireworks and see old friends. Our daughter is 14 months and I don't think that she is old enough for fireworks. It is a lot going on and I worry about her poor little ears. How old were your kids when you first took them to 4th of July celebrations?

Caelynnes.Mommy

Asked by Caelynnes.Mommy at 3:33 PM on Jul. 3, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• They were/are two when we take them. I've got a 11m old we're keeping home and the rest will go with the grandparents to the fireworks.
    BeachyBabe

Answer by BeachyBabe at 3:34 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• my youngest was less then 2 months and my oldest was 8 months. The both love fireworks and are not scared of them at all, which i beleive is becuase i took them when they were so young
    CarVan

Answer by CarVan at 3:34 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• yeah i took mine when they were very young as well not sure exactly how old they were and i think it also helped them to not be so scared of them. they absolutely love them now!!
    amberpaiz

Answer by amberpaiz at 3:40 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• I took my daughter when she was 6 months and she loved them. I took my son for the first time last night and he is 8 1/2 months and loved them. The only thing that scared him was the kid behind us screaming. If they got real loud I just covered their ears.

SweetOrangeMama

Answer by SweetOrangeMama at 3:41 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• I took my son when he was only 3 months old. He was so into it and just hung out with us.
    DJsMommy610

Answer by DJsMommy610 at 3:46 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• My kids were 2 and 3. Just to let you know not ALL kids love fireworks. We went to a firework display last night which was spectacular but htere was a group of young parents with little kids who were all screaming and terrified. I felt so bad for those children. They were from a very young infant to two or three years old. Your dd may love the fireworks and she may not. I would park far enough away that you can get out of there if it scares her and being alittle farther away it may not be so loud.

Oh and I have to add I would def. NOT suggest taking an infant to the fireworks. The noise, the smoke, misquotos etc. Im sorry I honestly think an infant will live the rest of the year just fine without fireworks. Plenty of time for that when they are alittle older :).

Just my thoughts and opinion :). Good luck!
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 4:28 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• My daughter will be 3 on Friday and this is her first year.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 9:09 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• My son was just under a year for his first fireworks
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 11:37 AM on Jul. 4, 2011