Best ways to deal with teething?

My son is 6 1/2 months old and has two teeth. He is getting his third. Besides giving him medicine to help with the pain, what are other solutions.

CamCamsMama

Asked by CamCamsMama at 11:10 PM on Dec. 15, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• teething tablets from wal-mart or the kroger brand from dillon's , i know it' s a form of medication but it's the miricale cure for teething ,

oh and the frozen teethy toys are nice too , your baby may want them warm room temp or frozen it's personal preferance though
    rachael596

Answer by rachael596 at 11:12 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• wet a baby wash cloth a freeze it. Or if he takes a passy hold it under running water and squeeze it so it fells up with water and freeze it.
    robinalbright

Answer by robinalbright at 11:13 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• Oh, gosh....it sure can get awful. My daughter just turned a year old and has her two bottom teeth and has been teething for a long time...everyday, my husband and i think this is it, she's getting her upper teeth now...but, no...just screaming, crying in pain...waking up in the middle of the night often. I have given her tylenol and or natural teething tablets...I just bought orajel, that seems to work the best actually. Probably a really cold teething toy could work for your son. Give him something to knaw on. Maybe massaging his gums with your finger or those infant toothbrushes. Well, I heard the teething goes on for the first 2 years...fun-fun! :)
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 11:14 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• When my son was teething we got one of those net pacifiers that you can put food in its called a net feeder I think we put a cube of ice in it and let him suck on it and it seemed to help or a wet rag and let him bit on it
    good luck
    desiraee20

Answer by desiraee20 at 11:14 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• My daughter loooooved chewing on a silicone spatula or baking cup. My SIL gave her a silicone muffin baking cup and she can fit her fist into it. Her whole fist ends up in her mouth, but she's content like that.
    lebrbria

Answer by lebrbria at 11:22 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• hyland's teething tablets work wonders
    Cherish050307

Answer by Cherish050307 at 11:31 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• Its an old wive's tale, but it works. Take an egg and put it in one of his socks and nail it over his door. Don't know why it works but it does. Leave it there until he's three. Even if you move or change his room, leave it there unil he's three. Or you could do what I did before somebody told me about the egg in the sock: I would crush a piece of ice in a clean wash rag, then wrap the rag so that he can hold it and chew on the ice in it. As the ice melts it numbs his gums and he has something to chew on.
    MikaJones

Answer by MikaJones at 11:43 PM on Dec. 15, 2008