Sex during third trimester?

I'm 36 weeks along, and much to the dismay of my husband, I have no interest in sex. It has become painful for me and I no longer get any enjoyment out of it. Any other ladies feel or felt the same way during prengnancy or am I the only one?

xxprittykittyxx

Asked by xxprittykittyxx at 11:10 PM on Dec. 15, 2008 in Pregnancy

• i feel the same and im 6 weeks behind u lol but my man is in iraq so we really dont worrie about the whole sex thing till he gets back and that like 1 month before the little one gets here
    Anonymous

• I felt the same way. You are so tired all the time that is the last thing from your mind... but remember it can help induce labor.

jepelican

Answer by jepelican at 11:16 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• im 36 weeks too and actully its just now getting to the point where we are gonna have to maybe stop the missionary position cause i get contractions afterwards and then cannot sleep but as for not wanting it or it not being enjoyable no i still want and enjoy it!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 11:17 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• Well im 30 weeks PG and still have sex with my BF every now and then. And its not painful at all. I just really hate it when i want to have sex and he tells me he dosent feel like it.
    Anonymous

• lol when i lost my sex drive during my first trimester for about 2 weeks, but after that i was insatiable! My husband couldnt keep up with me and then i got mad at him because he wasnt up for round 3 or 4 haha
    collegemom1007

Answer by collegemom1007 at 11:24 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• Hell yes! We didn't do it for a LONG time. Apparently it was months (I didn't think it was that bad, but apparently my husband was keeping track!). I'm so thankful we did it the day before our son was born (just as an attempt to get labor started), because we've just started doing it again 3 1/2 months later...eep! It's been a quiet year in our home!

If you really don't feel up to it, then you shouldn't do it! I would really hope your husband can support you through this, I don't know what I would have done had my husband not been there for me...
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 11:34 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• yeah I felt like that with both my pregnancys hitting 7 months I just didn't want to do it anyore. My boyfriend would finish really fast so I would just let him. It was still nice to feel him close and have him close. It wasnt like hours so it was still ok.
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 11:47 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• I was the same way with my last PG big time. And my hubby was in Iraq the entire time. He came home on R n R and that was that. So I didnt have anyone. But either way. I didnt want to be so much as touched at the end of mine.
    russian-mommy

Answer by russian-mommy at 11:56 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• That's normal! The only reason I still did it was to try to bring on labor. Your body is all awkward, everything aches, and your hormones are all over the place. Plus, it's kind of weird when you can feel the baby moving at times like that!! =)
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 3:43 AM on Dec. 16, 2008