I need advice on haw to get my son back

my mom took me to court and told me if i fought her she would take me for full custudy and it has been two years and i need advice on what to do all i want is my baby back someone please help me!!!!!!

amber2005

Asked by amber2005 at 3:39 PM on Jul. 3, 2011 in Relationships

• go to the courts and file for custody. does she have full custody?
    rinamomof2

Answer by rinamomof2 at 3:41 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• no we have joint custudy but she said she will throw me out if i take it back to court and im not from here and dont know what to do or anything. im going tuesday to sighn up for a couple diffrent housing programs but i dont know haw long the wait will be
    amber2005

Comment by amber2005 (original poster) at 3:45 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• wait till u get ur shit together first.. then do it....
    Anonymous

• We do not have enough info to offer you advice Sweetie.
    ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 4:57 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• Ignore the Anon coward, it always leaves bs like that.
    ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 4:59 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• The anon put it harshly BUT your mom has every right to kick you out of her home if she wants to so I would wait till you have a place to live before going back because if you file and she kicks you out, the judge probably WILL give her full custody cause you will be homeless.
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 5:07 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• The fact is, that your mom can kick you out at any time, giving her the opportunity to take your son for full custody. You need to get your stuff together first. This means a place to live, a job, a stable home life for your child. In addition, look at going back to school, even if it is online it will show the judge that you are doing everything you can to better your situation for you and your son. I would start by looking at schooling options, and financial aid. If you intend on being a single mom, defiantly look at online schools as an option, it will give you the flexibility to work and be a mom. It does usually cost more, but for me, the cost of daycare over the next several years, and gas would have been more.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 5:51 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• Well there must have been some problem that the courts awarderd her joint custody in the first place,, as ochsamom stated we would really need to know more about the situation before offering sound advice, but if you live with her, and she loves your child, it seems to be that is a good situation to be in.
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 8:00 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• Be a mom even if she has custody. Show your mom what a great mom you can be. You need to be able to provide for this child if you are going to get custody and if you don't have a place to live you can't do that. My advice would be to fully cooperate with your mom for your childs sake, children should not be treated as a piece of property that you move around, KWIM?GOod luck, I can't imagine!
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 8:53 PM on Jul. 3, 2011