Facebook friends

I just joined Facebook recently and noticed that some people have like 300 and 400 friends! They can't possibly be keeping connected with that many people! Or even know them personally! lol

I have 11 friends consisting of family, friends from my old church in Sacramento and friends from CM and I actually talk to them all

How many facebook friends do you have and how many do you actually communicate with?

Lucky209

Asked by Lucky209 at 3:58 PM on Jul. 3, 2011 in Relationships

• i have like 60-65 but honestly that is mostly our family my hubby and i come from very big families. And i have gone thru from time to time and weeded out people that i dont keep in constant contact with.
    amberpaiz

Answer by amberpaiz at 4:00 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• I have like 280 friends.
    High school, college...ect...

I'm originally from Kentucky, now I live in Maryland.
    Chloesmom1126

Answer by Chloesmom1126 at 4:00 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• I have 348, and I know them personally. School friends, that I still continually talk to over FB, Friends who I have known for years! Old friends from where I used to live. A lot of my parents friends who have watched me grow up, who are like family/parents to me. New friends I have met where I live now, new church friends, friends of friends who I have met now.....it is possible.
    All in all everyone has been a positive and meaningful part of my life.
    BeachyBabe

Answer by BeachyBabe at 4:02 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• I have about 35, but honestly, I'm on here alot more than fb.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 4:04 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• 57 but I talk to about 25 of them regularly.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:23 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• I'm not exactly sure how many I have--I know that it's more than 100, and I'm pretty sure that it's less than 200. They are my family, DH's family, friends from school, and current friends. There's only one person on my list that I have not actually met in person, but she is the wife of my best friend from high school. I talk to the family members sometimes, but most of the time if I need to talk to them, I just call them. I talk to all of my current friends in person and on there. And a few of the ones from school, I will talk to every now and then.
    kasey22

Answer by kasey22 at 4:31 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• funny i was thinking about this recently, when i first went on fb i got up to about 67 friends but all but a few were old classmates, neighbors and friends from the past. I decided i dint want to interact with a bunch of people i really had nothing to do with so started a new account just for close friends and family. Now i have like 27 friends but feel like a loser when other people have like 200-300, then i think like you, that they probably dont really inetract w all them in person, sure i could have 300 friends if i friended everyone ive ever known.
    dharmagirl

Answer by dharmagirl at 4:47 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• I have 160. I personally know all of them.
    hill_star03

Answer by hill_star03 at 4:57 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• I have 35, most of them family. I do know all but 2 of them personally, and of the 2 I don't know personally, 1 is a friend of my best friend from high school, and the other is a guy I've talked to online for years.

To me, the point of facebook is to keep in touch with family and friends, not to see how many people I can get on my friends list. I do look up people I used to know, but I only add them as friends if it seems that we will continue a good friendship. I have 2 friends on there that I have known since 4th grade, we lost touch a few years, but now thanks to facebook, our friendships are really strong again.

I do think some people do know and keep in contact with all 200+ people on their lists, but I think most of them are just trying to have higher numbers than the 300 people on their list.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 5:23 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• i have 200 something an i do talk to alot of them frequently... some way less than others
    19withtwins

Answer by 19withtwins at 5:54 PM on Jul. 3, 2011