What about entropy?

From the question about God's plan, someone asked:

"Do you also know that since God has a plan.. so does Satan? "

If either or both has a plan, how does that coincide with entropy?

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 4:14 PM on Jul. 3, 2011 in Religious Debate

• Huh? I must be missing something...
    RobotLady

Answer by RobotLady at 4:35 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• As in creating chaos or disorder because of conflicting plans? I'm still trying to figure out how we can have free will when a plan has already been written out for us by the omnipotent, omniscient and omnipresent god. Did you have to add that entropic element, NP, for our consideration? ;-)

What I'd like to know is if God and Satan are battling for power, why don't they just have a one-on-one match and get it over with. Why involve us? I didn't ask to be part of either army. .

jsbenkert

Answer by jsbenkert at 4:45 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• Did you have to add that entropic element, NP, for our consideration? ;-)

Well it didn't occur to me until the Satan's plan aspect came up, because in a larger sense, there are always two "battling forces" one of good and one of evil, or more properly, one of order and one of chaos. Entropy exists. Does that mean Satan's plan is "winning" (tm Charlie Sheen)?
    NotPanicking

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 4:52 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/entropy

Definition of entropy. What the heck does that have to do with anything???

minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 5:03 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• "What I'd like to know is if God and Satan are battling for power, why don't they just have a one-on-one match and get it over with. Why involve us? I didn't ask to be part of either army. ."

They aren't battling. God is in control. Read Job. Satan had to request permission to monkey around with Job's life.
    RobotLady

Answer by RobotLady at 5:13 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• Does that mean Satan's plan is "winning" (tm Charlie Sheen)?

No Satan is not winning - in fact, Satan has already lost. Apparent chaos doesn't = actual chaos. Our perception of the world is limited. God sees the whole picture, and sees it as ordered. We can't see it the same way, because we don't share His perspective.
    -Eilish-

Answer by -Eilish- at 5:36 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• Oh and for the record - even Satan is not autonomous. So his "plan" is finite. It isn't equally opposite to God's plan ... Satan isn't even equally opposite to God - Satan's equal opposite is more likely on par Michael the Archangel.
    -Eilish-

Answer by -Eilish- at 5:38 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• LOL. There's no such thing as satan. But it's an interesting question. Reminiscent of Hindu: Shiva the Destroyer and Brahma the Creator. But of course neither one of those are considered "Evil". :D
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 5:58 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• LOL.There's no such thing as satan.

LOL ... Sure there is?

... so who's right?
    -Eilish-

Answer by -Eilish- at 5:59 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• Given the definition of entrophy, I'm afraid I don't understand your question.
    popzaroo

Answer by popzaroo at 6:01 PM on Jul. 3, 2011