How much responsibility does your SO, DH, or BF have around the house?

Examples:
Housework
Yard Work
Bills
Kids
ETC
Please specify if you and she/he work outside of the home :) Thanks!

JaniceMc27

Asked by JaniceMc27 at 4:18 PM on Jul. 3, 2011 in Just for Fun

• We both work FT, I am a work a home mom (but I still work a normal 40 hr week 6am - 2pm) and he works full time outside the home. He is in the charge of the kids all day Mon and Tues (b/c those are his off days and we don't want to pay a sitter for those days) and up until he leaves for work on the other days (b/c I am locked in the office working away) he does the dishes, lawn, helps with anything tht either he notices or I ask him too. We are in this together and I have been in a funk, so he has really stepped up.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 11:17 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• My S.O does whatever I ask him to do. He does fold the laundry without me asking once I started to complain about how I had to ask. LOL He did clean the room the other day when I was doing summer cleaning and got frustrated so I decided to take a break. He does his own dishes. He pretty good and I'm proud of him. LOL
    loudnproud87

Answer by loudnproud87 at 4:21 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• My husband works outside the home. His only real responsibilities around the house is to balance the checkbook since all of our bills, mortgage, etc. are auto-deducted, lol. He goes in once a month or so, balances the ledger, and goes on his merry way. :) He also does a large portion of the cooking, because he's really a good cook, and I am really a baaaad cook. Everything else I am able to do on my own while he is at work, and my son is in school. That's not to say that if he sees something that needs to be done, he wont do it. He's very much a roll up your sleeves and get it done kind of guy. I just don't normally leave anything for him to do.
    Mom2theboy1994

Answer by Mom2theboy1994 at 4:23 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• I am a SAHM living with my BF who works at a gas station. The only responsibility he has is to pay bills. I do all of the house work, take care of our 4 year old son (he plays with him, but he dont cook or clean up after him), ect. I am a very organized person and I am picky about how the house gets cleaned, but dont get me wrong a helping hand wouldnt hurt. lol
    hottmomma042607

Answer by hottmomma042607 at 4:24 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• He takes the garbage out,does the lawn,and helps shovel snow when he can

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 4:30 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• the only thing I have my husband do is take the trash cans to the curb and mow the yard. Right now I have him clean the litter box because I can't do that right now as I am pregnant, but normally I am cleaning that. Other than that I don't ask much from him because he works and I don't, but he does help me on the weekends when he is home or sometimes even after work and I don't ask him to he just does. So that is why I don't ask for much. Plus I think if the dh is working and you aren't then it is your responsiblity to have the house clean and dinner made and things like that.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 4:41 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• my husband does whatever needs to be done. He works outside the home but realizes that the kids and home are his responsability as well as mine since I am here all day.
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 4:55 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• My husband works outside the home to support us. At home he mows the lawn and fixes things when they break.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:12 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• my husband works outside the home on thurs-sat, he works at festivals. i am a stay at home mom that does all the cooking and i pay all the bills at the first of the month so i dont have to worry about anything being late. we both take care of the kids but i do most of it. my husband suffers from mental problems and anger problems so when he is having hard times he does alot of sleeping.i sometimes have a very hard and stressful day. my husband does take the trash out and we live in a townhouse so we dont have yardwork but he does water the plants for me cause i always forget and they end up wilting. i kids go to the park its mostly me that takes them. my husband tends to run around with his friends and be gone mostly through the week. hope that helps you and god bless
    angeleyz375

Answer by angeleyz375 at 9:22 AM on Jul. 4, 2011