Did You Know?

Did you know that NO STUDIES have been done which prove the safety of ultrasounds, and the American Medical Association recommends AGAINST unnecessary exposure.

"Unnecessary Exposure" includes the use of ultrasound to:

1. Confirm the sex of the baby.

2. Assess gestational age (how many weeks old the baby is).

3. Assess fetal size and growth.

4. Confirm multiple pregnancy.

5. Determine fetal presentation (the position of the baby in the womb).

http://www.unhinderedliving.com/pultra.html

http://jama.ama-assn.org/content/252/5/669.full.pdf

dedicatedrider

Asked by dedicatedrider at 4:29 PM on Jul. 3, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I have had them throught all my kids and they are all healthy. My oldest I had about 3. My youngest I had about 5. And this time around I have already had 5 and in a couple weeks he wants to do another one because the head is messuring to big.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 4:34 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• Yup. I knew that. That's why the doctors don't do a lot of them unless you are high risk. Thats why the drs. don't do the 4d ones just for fun. I had a lot from the dr bc I was high risk and I did the 4d one and my son is just fine !
    loudnproud87

Answer by loudnproud87 at 4:34 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• none of mine were high risk.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 4:36 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• Mine was fine. Too.
    Blakesgirl31

Answer by Blakesgirl31 at 5:29 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• Wow from week 28 on i had weekly ones because of gestational diabetes and the baby being breech so at least 13 ultrasounds.....well DD is healthy and happy
    krissii

Answer by krissii at 5:54 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• well darn i did not know that but am darn glad they did this one, seeing how i was under the impression i could not have been more than 24 weeks when they did it and it turned out i was thirty, now am thirty two.. so on that i say bless the ultrasound sonographer:)

4g4b

Answer by 4g4b at 6:45 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• I didn't know this, but I go to an AF hospital and they only do 2. One @ 10-12 weeks to make sure the baby is healthy and another @ 20 weeks for the anatomy screen to make sure the body is growing the way it should, this is also the one where they will tell you the sex if you want to know, but they make it known that determining sex is not why you are actually there.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 1:15 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• Yeah I knew over exposer was not healthy but I love to see my little one on that screen! I only had 3 throught my whole pregnancy
    lil_momma_vdv

Answer by lil_momma_vdv at 5:49 PM on Jul. 26, 2011