Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mental abuse....

I have been living with my Ex-husband for 2 years now. And, since moving in with him (Due to finances), He has gotten verbally abusive towards me. He constantly screams and yells at me and my son. I know my son (Who is 12 years old), Can really press his buttons. (Our son was diagnosed with ADHD)...But, i think his yelling is now affecting me and my son. I have found that, I am now starting to yell also....Don't get me wrong, I am no angel. I have yelled also. But, my Ex yells to the point of insanity. Almost like he is 10 years old.

And, if i say anything to my Ex about yelling in such a way. He starts accusing me of yelling in the same manner. And i don't!.....He then begins calling me a bitch and all the other words that i would prefer not to mention.....

Only problem is, is that I am on Unemployment and can't find a job to save my life. And i have no money to move out with my son. I have applied for public housing and got denied because of my credit. Do you ladies have any other suggestions you can offer?.....I really don't want to go to a shelter. He does not hit me. But, the verbal abuse is bad, sometimes!

I know this is an odd questions. But.....If he only calls me bad names say...Once a month perhaps..Should i still leave. Or am i making too much of it?

Thanks for your help!

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 4:38 PM on Jul. 3, 2011 in Relationships

Answers (6)
  • NO your not thinking to much into it. You and your child no matter how energetic the child is should be yelled at like that. NO man should do that to ANY woman. My 1st husband used to do that but you have to be carful my ex was mentally and verbally abusive for years then one day it went physical out of NOWHERE! He didn't hit me nope he hit my 1 1/2 year old daughter. Do you have any family you can move into with? If so I would move in with them. Sorry I cant offer you more options.

    Answer by AlanasMommy2007 at 4:46 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

  • go to a domestic violence shelter and they will help you from there

    Answer by bcauseimthemom at 4:52 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

  • no should talk that way to you. I am going through a divorce right now to man just like that. I got tired of him dragging me down. You deserve to be happy and I think right now your not happy so what ever to a make you happy again. write anytime you want and I will write back. hang in there.

    Answer by momindiana at 4:53 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

  • you shouldnt put up with it by no means... the child is at the age where he could start picking up on it an think its ok to do it as well... i would try to work it out again or stay with someone else... you definetely shouldnt brush it off...

    Answer by 19withtwins at 5:49 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

  • well if you get a abuse order against him you should be able to go to public housing again and get a place. thats at least the way it is in pa
    remember if you dont get out soon you are just feeding your x-husband more negitive things to say and with your son being adhd its not going to help him mentallity at all. any abusive is horrible and no one should ever have to but up with it. everybody is a somebody even if they only do something small. good luck and god bless

    Answer by angeleyz375 at 6:08 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

  • and sorry to ask this but you should be getting child support from the guy

    Answer by angeleyz375 at 6:09 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.