Any tips on how to expand your family? PLZ HELP!!

My husband and I have been trying for 6 months to have our second child. Does anyone have any tips that might help us?

AlanasMommy2007

Asked by AlanasMommy2007 at 4:39 PM on Jul. 3, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• Now with new Expand-a-Family, get the family you've always dreamed of!

Do one of two things: 1) Overfeed them or 2) Get Pregnant

All for 18 easy payments of $10, 995!
    Anonymous

• Okay the first was a bad joke, this one is real: RELAX

I've heard of more people say that once they relaxed and quit "trying" to get pregnant, that's when they got pregnant.
    Anonymous

• Looking at your diet, medications, or other lifestyle factors that might be causing an issue would be the first step. You can look into fertility diets or other things if you need to keep busy. If your 35 or older six months is when it's time to go to the doctor.

Hang in there, we've been trying for #2 for nine months and it can do a number on your mental health.
    lizziebreath

Answer by lizziebreath at 5:34 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• Six months is nothing. The average couple with no fertility problems can take up to 18 months. Both of you take your vitamins and eat healthy.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 5:46 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• I agree with the above posters that said to keep a healthy diet and attitude. You could also try and start charting your cycles to see when you are actually ovulating (if you aren't already!) You can go to Serena classes or Creighton. Any kind of NFP class will help you to chart your cycles and increase your chances or pregnancy.
    If you are concerned go and see a doctor for a blood test or an pelvic ultrasound.
    Good Luck.
    tobys.mommy

Answer by tobys.mommy at 5:59 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• I accidentally bought two books on getting pregnant. I thought they were about like...preparing your body for a pregnancy and getting healthier, and that is part of it, but they were VERY comprehensive. Things you may be doing to hinder fertility you may not think of. Foods to try. Foods to avoid. Positions. On and on and on...too much to type here and more than I remember. One was called "Getting pregnant" and the other is called "Making a Baby." They were cheap on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/0684864045/sr=1-3/qid=1309733635/ref=olp_pg_used?ie=UTF8&coliid=&startIndex=0&qid=1309733635&sellerID=&sr=1-3&colid=&condition=used

There's a link to one. I know some will say that it may not help, and maybe it won't... I've never dealt with infertility. But I find that reading books on things I want helps me to feel proactive and in control, even when I'm not. lol. I love books. Good luck!
    ErinHill226

Answer by ErinHill226 at 6:56 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• Thank you all for all the advise. Hopefully it will happen with time!
    AlanasMommy2007

Comment by AlanasMommy2007 (original poster) at 10:37 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• Try to use this ovulation calendar tool http://www.ovulationcalendarsoftware.com/ to find perfect time to conceive a boy or a girl.

aromatikas

Answer by aromatikas at 1:40 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• ill try that
    AlanasMommy2007

Comment by AlanasMommy2007 (original poster) at 12:09 AM on Jul. 9, 2011