Do squats help you go into labor.?

if this is true how many do i do ? and what else can i try to do ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:49 PM on Jul. 3, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Labor will happen when labor happens.
    tangleballlover

Answer by tangleballlover at 5:00 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• I think it's an old wive tale. I don't think squats will bring on labor but you might dilate faster if you do them while in labor.

JSD24

Answer by JSD24 at 5:22 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• The best thing to do is to get busy. I know it becomes an obsession in the end, as anxious as you are, you still have to be patient. You can not "force" labor nor is it healthy to try..... Keeping busy does help, Get addresses, stamps and annoncements ready to fill out in the hosp., organize easy meals for when you get home, get extra rest when you can. For what it's worth I was 2 weeks over due date with all 3 of my kids.... I know what it's like, just keep doing small projects and soon the time will be here....
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 5:29 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• Anything you do really will help progress labor as long as your on your feet!! Gravity works <3 Walking, and skipping and galloping, swinging, squats all but pressure on your cervix if the babys head down. This however will not start labor but definitely will help progress it. I walk up and down my stairs and contraction will start right away :) but if its not time sweetness its not time. I totally understand though im way ready to meet my little bundle of joy ;) Good Luck

lil_momma_vdv

Answer by lil_momma_vdv at 5:39 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• No.

They can help the fetus to descend deeper into a lower pelvic station, but are not for "inducing."
    ;-)

What is going on that you feel it's safer for baby to be outside?

doulala

Answer by doulala at 5:39 PM on Jul. 3, 2011