How do you feel about $ spent on the inaugural balls?

Okay there was a question about Obama and 50K from celebs, but I couldnt respond because it was closed. SO I am asking my own question.

Regardless of who the President-elect is....do you find it ridiculous how much they spend on these events? Personally (which is probably a big part of why I would never become president) I would raise a TON of money, then have a 'back yard BBQ' to celebrate, allotting the money to places where I thought it necessary. I have always thought (I first remember the shock of the number when Clinton was elected) it was ridiculous how much was spent on a 'party' when there were so many things in our economy that could be helped.

ProudSingleMum

Asked by ProudSingleMum at 11:27 PM on Dec. 15, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• yeah, i find it ridiculous. just like i find ridiculous the salary of pro sports players. its all about the benjamins, tho. big money, attracts big money, and likes to spend time with big money. they have it, i don't. what i consider an extravagant expense, they consider a token. but that's life, and its never gonna change. there will always be people who make more money than the rest of us. they play hard and large..and we get to read about it, or catch snippets of the show on youtube and cnn/fox/msnbc/ect.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 11:34 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• I have always found it ridiculous.

Momtocccd

Answer by Momtocccd at 10:36 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• I find it ridiculous as well but when you have that much money it is just "pocket change" to them. It is just like celebs having 4 or 5 homes, I would be thankful to just have one home and I sure as hell don't need 80million rooms in my house. But when you make that much money, you really just run out of ideas on how to spend it and how to spend it wisely.
    usmc0351wife

Answer by usmc0351wife at 11:33 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• oh, come on now. i love it and think its great! they get to spend hundreds of thousands of dollars on beautiful gowns, tuxes, jewlery, lavishness, food like you couldnt imagine, while we sit here and scrape together every last penny so we can buy gas to buy a little christmas tree so our little ones can enjoy the single present we can barley afford for them, and eat penut butter and jelly for holiday dinner. party on!!
    Thalie

Answer by Thalie at 9:25 AM on Dec. 17, 2008