If you've had bad luck with other doctors

I love my doctor(heck I had a small crush on him for awhile which is very awkward sometimes but I'll get back on topic). But I have no idea how to bring up that we've been having problems getting pregnant in an appointment. I've tried to talk about it with 2 other doctors I've seen and they both basically called me an idiot for wanting to get pregnant at my age,it may have had something to do with that they were both women IDK.I'm also concerned of getting the just relax and be happy with the baby you already have lecture I keep getting from my Mom.

But how do you get past the nerves and fear of him having the same reaction and bring it up?
Because I can't just sit back and think it's normal to take over a year to get pregnant at 18, that was last pregnancy I'm almost 21 and we've been trying for baby number 2 for NINE months and I just can't believe that this is normal.

lizziebreath

Asked by lizziebreath at 5:27 PM on Jul. 3, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• I think that the recommendation at our ages (I'm 25) is to try for a year and if that doesn't work then you see a doctor, but there is no harm asking. You could tell him that you need some clarification on what is "average" for getting pregnant and such.

Have you been charting like ovulation and everything? Or just doing it the old fashion way of just giving it a try?
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 5:36 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• You just need to bring it up. Let him know whats going on. Sounds like he is a good doc, so don't be afraid to talk to him. You may want to start off by saying that doctors have blown you off before, but that this is a huge concern for you.

Also I second the charting. chart your cycle, your cervical changes, your mucus changes, and other symptoms that may seem relevant. Knowing what your body is doing when, can not only help you take control of your fertility, but also give clues that your doctor may be able to identify whats going on. In addition, has your dh been tested? he could have a low sperm count.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 5:45 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• I've been charting mucus and there is no pattern,if i do get EWCM it lasts a day MAYBE 2 if I'm lucky. I asked for help last time because I didn't menstruate let alone ovulate for three or four months at a time. Also I looked it up your average couple takes 3 months in their 20's,I think they mostly tell you a year so they can weed out all the people just having sex at the wrong time,but when you have sex at least every three days your probly not just having sex at the wrong time.
    lizziebreath

Comment by lizziebreath (original poster) at 5:59 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• get the at home ovulation tests and use those to help find out when you are ovulating and your body is ready. you still have time to get pregnant and it will happen when it is time
    RShilling

Answer by RShilling at 6:07 PM on Jul. 3, 2011