Ugh very frustrated!

So I gave my SIL my old phone about 6 months ago, and it was a VERY nice touchscreen that still sells online for at least 75-100, well since she was having money issues so I didn't expect much, and she did she she'd pay me for it, and I was like ok fine, whenever you have the money, well she never paid me and then today I get a call from our MIL saying she lost the phone and needs a new one, seeing if I have another. Which I did, I have two actually, but one is very nice so I didnt give it to her, I gave her the old one, but still she had no intention at all of even offering money for this phone. Like really? I'm not mean enough to tell her no she cant have it but still, I gave her an expensive phone, and she looses it then wants another?? WTF?

Sorry just venting... its sooo annoying helping people and getting NOTHING in return...

husky_grlie08

Asked by husky_grlie08 at 5:37 PM on Jul. 3, 2011 in Relationships

• Till she pays for the other, don't give her a darn phone. it's ridiculous. it's not your job to provide that gal with phones.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 5:39 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• Ya no way would I give her another. People act like they are entitled to everyone's stuff. How about earn and pay for your own damn phone.
    ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 5:42 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• Its not the only money she owes me and she does need it to get in touch with her kids while they are at her dads so I already gave it to her but still it pisses me off considering I do SOOO much for her and she never helps anyone out... I know everyone will tell me to stop helping her but the main thing i help her with is babysitting her DD and I will not stop taking care of her because of her mom...just sick of being the go to person when I get nothing out of it
    husky_grlie08

Comment by husky_grlie08 (original poster) at 5:42 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• I wouldn't give her another phone if until she pays for the other one you're not a retail store she should pay at least some of the price
    krissii

Answer by krissii at 5:42 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• Okay, what's done is done. If you keep helping her out, she'll keep TAKING because you've shown her that you will continue to give. So unfortunately, this one's on you to change your behavior. I get the babysitting thing but be done with all the other little things. You're being taken advantage of, consciously or unconsciously. Point being, it's upsetting you and that is not good for you. Trust me, I have BEEN there!
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 5:45 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• I wouldn't give her anything until she pays the previous phone. goodluck!!!
    marinebrats

Answer by marinebrats at 5:45 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• It sounds like they are excepting too much from you and you need to start putting your foot down and actually saying no to them every once in a while... don't let them walk all over you
    RShilling

Answer by RShilling at 6:02 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• Some people are takers; some people are givers. Sounds like you are a giver, and she feels she can take advantage of you. I doubt it will stop until you say something.
    momofkids

Answer by momofkids at 6:09 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• Yeah I just decided I am done helping her with anything but watching my niece, she just asked our MIL to babysit tonight for them to go to dinner and a movie, but first she was too broke for wipes so my MIL bought them a few days ago, and today she was too broke to buy a phone off the internet or pay me so I gave it to her. I'm SOOO mad!
    husky_grlie08

Comment by husky_grlie08 (original poster) at 6:11 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• lesson learned...one time to help out is fine but for anyone to call and ask you to give her another is just rude......
    southernlady184

Answer by southernlady184 at 7:43 PM on Jul. 3, 2011