How to become a more contagious Christian?

How do you become a more contagious Christian without coming off too pushy? I feel that I really fail in the department of sharing the word with people. Can anyone offer some help in this department?

HomeBoundMama

Asked by HomeBoundMama at 1:22 AM on Jul. 13, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• Sometimes you just have to show people by the way you live.. ACtion speaks louder than words.. I feel that if i have told someone the gospel once that it is.. if they don't respond it is on themm.. but i do still show them the love of Christ by my walk with the Lord
    jenandrews

Answer by jenandrews at 1:28 AM on Jul. 13, 2008

• My personal choice is, christian or not.. to be the best person I can be.. Show others respect and patience. Treat others as I would like to be treated... always be fair, honest, dependable and trustworthy.
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 1:37 AM on Jul. 13, 2008

• OK....maybe I didn't word my question well enough. I know that as Christians we are to reach out to people and teach them about God. I don't know how to do that. I don't know what to say. I have a hard time inviting people to come to church with me too. I feel like just mentioning anything about God that the person I am speaking to will feel pushed. So, I don't say anything at all. I feel conviction about it and just wanted to know how others share God's love with people.
    HomeBoundMama

Answer by HomeBoundMama at 1:56 AM on Jul. 13, 2008

• I feel that a person's religion is something personal. I cannot stand it when people try to shove their's down my throat. If you are living your life as a Christian and are happy, people will notice and ask you how you do it. Let them come to you.
    AKEllen

Answer by AKEllen at 4:33 AM on Jul. 13, 2008

• I think it's pushy when you discuss it with people you don't know very well. When we bought our house our neighbors came over to introduce themselves. Within 5 min they asked what church we go to. When we said none they asked us to come with them that week. It made me really uncomfortable. They had no idea what our beliefs are. Plus, they JUST met us, so it's not like they really cared about us personally.
    When you get to know someone then share your beliefs with them.  Most importantly, lead by example.  My college roommate preached to me when we'd visit her parents and then party and sleep around.  She never touched a bible or set foot in a church unless she was with her parents.  Yet, she would still tell me why I needed to be a Christian and say how she was setting a bad example for me.  It really turned me off.
    MAUREEN55

Answer by MAUREEN55 at 7:58 AM on Jul. 13, 2008

• You really should read the book "The Unusual Suspect" by Stephen Baldwin. That book would really help you with some of your questions!

I think you should just pray to God and let him use you to talk to people. Don't worry so much about what to say. When the time comes, He will help you. Live your life the way He wanted it to be lived. When people see the joy and happiness in your life, they will get curious. Maybe they will ask questions. That will be when you can jump right in and offer everything you've got! :)
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 10:08 AM on Jul. 13, 2008

• Just drop different things when it comes up in conversation. This is what I do. My two best friends are peagans and it drives me insane. We became friends because of things we have in common, not our religious beliefs but there are things that they do that I don't agree with. We have had many discussions about our religions and I have gotten them to at least believe there is a God and they do pray on occasion. They have a hard time with believing in Jesus. Its usually if they are really upset about something I will tell them about God's plan for all of us and it usually helps.
    HeatherTurner

Answer by HeatherTurner at 3:25 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• If you become contagious we will have to quarantine you!
    Anonymous

• It's all about relationships. Make friends with everyone. That's where it begins. People don't care what you know until they know how much you care. Show others that you're loving no matter what THEIR choices/ lifestyle is. We can hate the sin but not the sinners. After all, we all fall short.
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 11:40 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• Maureen55 I know it made you uncomfy but in the neighbors' defense, they probably
    1. wanted to get friendly with their new neighbors (yall!)
    2. love their church so much they think everyone should go
    3. had no idea how bad they were making you feel
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 11:42 PM on Jul. 13, 2008