My mom does'nt want me to let me let my daughter see her dbd grma

But I still do when she comes in town, shes lives out of state. I feel this is wrong to keep her away from the grandma just bc the grandmas don't get along. So I have to have my daughter whos four lie to avoid the end of the world. I have severe medical issues and don't need this stress. Am I wrong? I just can't do that. Now the deadbeat is different. Hes a drunk. He has no contact.

Blakesgirl31

Asked by Blakesgirl31 at 5:50 PM on Jul. 3, 2011 in General Parenting

• Grandparents do have some rights too. You are not wrong to allow visitation to dbd's mom. It's not your mom's decision who gets to see your child and who doesn't. You decide. As long as you are on good terms she should be allowed contact with her grandbaby.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 5:58 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• I think it depends on what kind of person she is. If she is mean or there is a reason you mom doesn't want her around her I would consider it but if not, then you are fine
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 6:04 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• Your mom is acting like a child. Why should your child's other grandmother miss out on a child that is just as much her grandchild just because her son is a deadbeat?? I would tell my mom to mind her own business and let my child see her grandmother. I also would never ask her to lie. What kind of example is that setting for when she gets older? Don't you think that she will lie to you when she doesn't want to deal with the stress one of her choices will cause you?
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 6:50 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• Bcauseimthemomthe only reason I'm doin that is I just went through to back to back major brain surguries and my mother will not let up and the stress will send me to back to the hospital and my daughter is four but acts six. she knows mom needs rest. She tels me to tell her gma my mom to shut up or plug my ears. When shes on her vent im 31 but physically not strong enough right now to fight bsck with her even a yr after my surgery . Im still very sick....... Thanks.
    Blakesgirl31

Comment by Blakesgirl31 (original poster) at 8:13 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• Not wrong at all! If your relationship with her is good and she trreats your child great then there is no reason to keep her away from a good grandparent. Its not the baby's fault or grandmother's fault that dad sucks as a father
    frstldyhmsch

Answer by frstldyhmsch at 12:53 AM on Jul. 4, 2011