Could my daughter be sick?

My 19 month old daughter has been waking up at 3 in the morning screaming. I try to soothe her and the only way she allows it is when I stand up with her. Today she woke up as usual abour 3 screaming and then she finally went back to sleep. She slept til about 12 this afternoon. Then she started grumping again and she went back to sleep about 4 or 430pm. She is still asleep. I have went in there to wake her up a few times for dinner but she would just turn her head. I use to breastfeed her so she hardly got sick but i was wondering if she is sick because she is doing alot of sleeping. She isnt hot just warm. I can try to take her temp but she wont stay still long enough for me too. I could use some advice. Please help..Thank you.

rossfamiily

Asked by rossfamiily at 6:20 PM on Jul. 3, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Sounds like something my son went through for a couple of weeks. He had sleep terrors. He woke up screaming and it took a while to calm him down like he was still asleep, and I would have to rock him again to go back to sleep. He is 18 months old, and my husband is in the military. The dr.'s day that a big change in their life, or certain antibiotics can cause this. Is your daughter on any medication or has had any changes in her life recently?
    Any of these could be why she is waking up screaming.
    Cristina31

Answer by Cristina31 at 10:05 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• Sounds like night terrors/nightmares

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:23 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• what do i do? She sleeps with me cause she doesnt have her own room and we dont have any room for a crib or her own bed. She just started this recently.
    rossfamiily

Comment by rossfamiily (original poster) at 6:27 PM on Jul. 3, 2011