BEER!!

Before I got pregnant I loved beer! :) Blue Moon is my favorite :) But, practically since the moment I became prego the smell of beer of any kind seriously makes me ILL! Now, my concern is...my baby is due in 15 days...and I am looking forward to enjoying at least a couple, ice-cold blue moons this summer :) But, I heard that if the smell of beer makes you sick now... it will forever. Is this true? :(

Tarrar

Asked by Tarrar at 6:29 PM on Jul. 3, 2011 in Pregnancy

• try drinking one, maybe it's the hormones making you do that we never know, ENJOY THAT BEER FOR ME! PLEASE
    marinebrats

Answer by marinebrats at 6:31 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• That is not true. When your pregnant the hormones can make changes to your body, including food or drink preferences. These usually only last until after baby is born. But with some women it lasts a little longer. It took my mom 2 years before she would eat chicken again after my brother was born. I absolutely love ice cream and with my daughter it made me sick. It took me a few years to "love" it again. But again I love pizza too and it also made me sick with my daughter but after she was born, within a few weeks I loved it again. So it really depends.
    SMG1120

Answer by SMG1120 at 6:35 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• Absolutely not true. Once your hormones go back to normal you will enjoy your Blue Moons again :) enjoy one for me too would ya? I can't have a nice cold one till New Years.
    sugamama3

Answer by sugamama3 at 6:45 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• no, not true. the same thing happened with me and mexican foods. i still enjoy it to this day! (6yrs later)

dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 6:48 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• I have had a experience kind of the same...not with beer, but laundry deturgent...when I was pregnant with my oldest daughter (now 3), the smell of liquid Tide-Mountain made me soooo ill. To this day I can not stand the smell of it and it makes me queezy every time I smell it..
    mommyrocks5

Answer by mommyrocks5 at 6:53 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• My SIL went right back to it and she had the same issue. I hate beer so I never have to worry about that stuff!
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 6:59 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• i don't believe that
    mamawilbur

Answer by mamawilbur at 7:02 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• Not necessarily true. With my first, I couldn't stomach even the smell of any kind of pork products; after I had him, I was and still am fine with eating my beloved sausage balls again. But when I was pregnant with my second, strawberry yogurt put me over the edge (not yogurt in general, and not all strawberries, just strawberry yogurt), and I still have a problem eating strawberry yogurt; it's just not the same.

So it could go either way. You'll just have to wait and see. It probably won't be an issue, though, since you like it so much. :)
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 7:07 PM on Jul. 3, 2011