Anybody NEVER let their baby CIO?

I kept saying I was going to wait until he was at lesat 4 months to let him CIO but he's 5 months now and I still don't want to. I really don't think I'm every going to want to. So my question is...if there are any moms who don't let their baby CIO how do you get them to sleep without rocking them or feeding them? I know it takes time for them to learn to sleep on their how but how do you start? Right now my son has to either be in the swing or have a bottle to sleep.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:31 PM on Dec. 15, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I tried CIO. Didn't work.

I tried getting him to sleep without rocking or feeding. Didn't work.

What worked? I stopped worrying about getting him to sleep on MY schedule. MY schedule has nothing to do with anything. What HE was ready for was all that counted. When I stopped worrying about it, he started sleeping better.

They ALL learn to do it ON THEIR OWN.

Follow the baby's cues and you CANNOT go wrong.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:36 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• http://www.answerbag.com/articles/How-to-Apply-the-Baby-Whisperers-Sleep-Method/4ed611bf-ef4a-c3ff-cbc2-a2f4c6df1e08

I tried letting my daughter cio once and it was a disaster. It had the reverse effect and made her terrified of her crib. I found this book at the library and in less than a week she was sleeping through the night at 4 months, and still is to this day at 16 months. GL!

lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 11:37 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• my daughter is 10m and I have always rocked her to sleep I don't see why someone would have a problem with there child having to be rocked.
    robinalbright

Answer by robinalbright at 11:40 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• The No Cry Sleep Solution. I never let any of mine cry it out either. It's cruel.
    Anonymous

• I can't bear to let my dd cry either. I rock her to sleep almost every night. Sometimes, though, she is so sleepy that she just falls asleep in my arms. I cherish it. Soon she will be too old for that and I will miss it. It's really not a big deal and on her fussiest days it only takes like 5-25 minutes. Usually, I rock her while I watch the tv with the volume turned pretty low, but she doesn't have a set bedtime, I just rock her once she starts rubbing her eyes and doing the whiney fussy cry.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 12:10 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• I agree with Bridget & Robinalbright. I enjoy the time we spend together snuggling and rocking...soon enough I'll be rocking alone waiting for him to come home from the football game or his 1st date.
    RugersMommy06

Answer by RugersMommy06 at 12:33 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• I have never let my son CIO. My theory is that they will do things on their own schedule. Who's to say that their personal schedules are wrong? I'm perfectly happy with making some sacrifices for the sake of my son. He is 10 months old, rarely sleeps through the night and is hard to get to sleep at night but, he'll grow out of it eventually on his own. In the long scheme of things I probably won't even remember how tired I was, I'll just remember singing to him and rocking him and I think those will be precious memories that I will miss when he gets older. I don't ever want to remember him crying while he was laying in his crib wanting his mommy!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:07 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• Nope, I've never done it to my kids.
    mamajody0507

Answer by mamajody0507 at 3:21 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• Nope, I never had. I have 5 kids.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 4:51 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• No never..and never would and never considered it...

Give your child the time he needs to fall asleep without you. I either have to feed my son or his dad has to lay down with him so he can sleep. But over the past couple of months (he is now 13 months) he will sleep on his own and in our bed (we co sleep) fine. If he needs me he makes a little noise and waits quietly..or sometimes..I hear him crawl out of bed....and onto the landing!!!! Its really nice he does that because it means he KNOWS I will come when he needs me and he doesnt have to worry.

My son is very unfussy when we put him to bed...sometimes we may take him up a bit too early for his liking..but he will practically crawl round the room once of twice or pick on his dad and then lay down on him and go straight to sleep or i feed him depending what he wants.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 10:03 AM on Dec. 16, 2008