Looking down on jobs, MIL.

I told my MIL that I had a phone interview at a hospital as a CNA and she was really excited for me, and I said I hoped they would call me back because I really want the job. Then I told her I also have an interview at another hospital, but in food service, in the Cafe' there....she gave me a "shudder" kinda look and said, I would go with the other one.
I don't get it? Obviously I would take the CNA one in a heartbeat, but job is a job! I've worked in food service before and actually really enjoy it! And to be honest, if I had the money I would open my own sandwich shop!
DH and I have been struggling financially, and they have been helping (I appreciate everything they have done for us), but why would she look down on ANY job, as long as it was legal and moral! ....I guess this is more of a vent, but have you ever had someone do that to you? Out of all people I would have thought my MIL would be supportive because she basically came to us about a month ago and said they wouldn't be helping us anymore!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:50 PM on Jul. 3, 2011 in Relationships

• As a substitute teacher, I get looked down a lot because of my job. People assume that I sit at the desk and read a book or magazine all day. Nope, not the case. I really enjoy being a sub and I work hard at my job.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 6:52 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• You are so right! In this economy no one should be looking down on any job!! She is acting snobby and that is not right!
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 6:57 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• I work retail and have worked as a busser, in a call room and at a daycare. People have looked down on me for all those jobs. I figure I could be just living off of assisatnce cuse if I stop working I qualify but I'm trying to do it with out gov't help. So it shouldn't matter.
    On another note she maybe like my mil and just want the best for you. She just doesn't always show it the right way.
    MrsLLove

Answer by MrsLLove at 6:59 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• I would tell her to kiss your butt. You love that job? Go with it, good luck :)
    marinebrats

Answer by marinebrats at 6:59 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• I hope you get a job, especially the one that you'll like best.

Answer by Bmat at 7:45 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• I am not one to look down on anyone's job either. A job is a job, right? And it's even better if you enjoy it- then it's not really a 'job' but more like a paid hobby! lol
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 7:59 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• A job right now pays the bills that is all it has to do until you get to a better place to get a better one.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 10:47 PM on Jul. 3, 2011