Lose of appetite

i'm 22 weeks pregnant and just don't want to eat half the time, everyone says i need to be eating to stay healthy for the baby but i have no appetite... what should i do?

RShilling

Asked by RShilling at 6:55 PM on Jul. 3, 2011 in Pregnancy

• make sure to take vitamins and eat even if you don't "feel " like it, Your baby needs you to eat healthy. :-) Good Luck..
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 6:56 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• I agree you need to eat. If you dont feel like eating try just having some light snacks but make them healthy like fruits and vegi's and take vitamins so that you get what you need for you and baby.
    SMG1120

Answer by SMG1120 at 7:01 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• I had no appetite during my entire second pregnancy. I did make myself eat (or at least seem like it) for the sake of my toddler. But as an example, I could get a kid's meal, share it with my toddler, and still have enough leftover for his lunch the next day. Me and my baby were fine.

The thing with pregnancy is that baby takes what baby needs first, and your body gets whatever's left. If you were underweight to begin with and need to gain weight during pregnancy, then you should make yourself eat if possible--small, light meals will probably be easier to stomach. If your gain isn't an issue, then I wouldn't worry about it too much. Be sure to take your prenatal vitamins so you get what you need, and make sure that whatever you do eat is healthy, so that you get what you absolutely need.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 7:20 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• The same thing happened to me and it also came with getting sick to my stomach halfway through eating. I just tried to make myself try food way more often than I normally would so even if I didn't feel hungry I could get something in my body. It recently went away and I have an appetite again. I'm 27 weeks now.
    Grungalax

Answer by Grungalax at 8:23 PM on Jul. 3, 2011