Are you on a money diet?

If so, what are you doing and is it working for you? I am price matching my groceries.

ChicaThis

Asked by ChicaThis at 7:21 PM on Jul. 3, 2011 in Money & Work

• We have stopped going out, we buy in bulk because it is usually cheaper in the long run and it lasts forever, and I cut coupons like crazy!
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 7:24 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• We do a lot of those things- we don't go out, we buy bulk, coupons, off-brands, turning off the lights when we're not in a room, being careful with the water, etc.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 7:51 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• I am doing a LOT of coupons. I also cut back on things we don't NEED. I ask myself all the time "Can I live without this?" and if I can, I don't buy it.

Using less electricity as well. Turning the AC off when we're not home. It's helping so far.
    MoNKeyBoyz

Answer by MoNKeyBoyz at 7:56 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• I guess you could say yes! We call it a budget and it's helped us in so many ways!
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 7:57 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• I'm not but I should be
    devsmom98

Answer by devsmom98 at 8:10 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• It's hard at times--we don't eat out,no cable--just internet w/netflix, no going out to movies--just to free events,buy used clothes
    rec104

Answer by rec104 at 8:48 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• I'm starting to use coupons because our groceries are seriously $700 a month for 2 adults and 2 toddlers.
    ZanderandBella

Answer by ZanderandBella at 9:32 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• we started shopping at a store that gives us 30-40% off every time we shop for things we use on a daily basis. Switching stores was a great decision! (Msg. me if you'd like to know about the store)

Check out my Blog:
    FamilyCEOMom.blogspot.com
    Kaye924

Answer by Kaye924 at 10:16 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• im going to match my gas with miles driven..
    lizzybee44

Answer by lizzybee44 at 12:38 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• Yes, it is called "just say ' no" - no extras, no luxuries, no new clothes, no vacations ....
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 5:14 PM on Jul. 6, 2011