Lots of questions with another one on the way.

I'm kinda scared as to how my first will react to us having a second baby. What if he turns gelous? Is it hard taking care of two babies? My first is only 7 months old. so he'll be 17 months when this one is borne. And why is it that I feel like I dont know what to expect. As if it were my first pregnancy all over again? Is that normal? And I was high risk with my last one. Does that make me high risk with this one? should I still try to find a job? And why is my son trying to play with my belly all the time? Does he know I'm pregnant? (sorry for all the questions)

russian-mommy

Asked by russian-mommy at 11:48 PM on Dec. 15, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Yes mam he sure does know that there is a baby in there. :) CONGRATS!
    Araceli361

Answer by Araceli361 at 11:57 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• He could be jealous, but do some reading about how to prepare your older child for a new baby. He'll be old enough as your due date approaches to have SOME understanding of what's going on. Yes, it's hard taking care of two babies, but it's hard taking care of one, right? At least you have some experience under your belt now, you know what not to freak out over, things like that, but each child IS different, just like each pregnancy is different. Which leads into not knowing whether or not this pregnancy will be high risk. No way to know until you're further along. Just make sure your doc knows (or remembers) that your last one was high risk and why. As for not knowing what to expect, that's totally normal. I am in healthcare, and I swear, I constantly forget things I know when I see other patients.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 3:33 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• I would definitely start looking for a job before you start showing, especially with the economy the way it is. You have no way of knowing whether or not this pregnancy will be high risk, so don't let that get to you. Try to relax. Your son, whether he knows it or not, knows something is up in your tummy. Babies are like animals in that sense, where they just know.
    Good luck to you in this pregnancy, and TRY TO RELAX, mommy!! =)
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 3:35 AM on Dec. 16, 2008