Acne, acne breaking out wats wrong with medicins not helping, my face is itchying wat should i dooooooooo any experience or suggestions. other than going to derma.. coz i did and gave me doxycycline and Zina gel !!!!

mamishad

Asked by mamishad at 7:53 PM on Jul. 3, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• The only thing that ever worked for me and got rid of it for good was Acutane and I now believe that has been taken off the market due to its dangerous side effects. My daughter used Pro-Active and it worked very well for her. Good luck, I know how frustrating and depressing it can be.
    maggiebgood

Answer by maggiebgood at 8:20 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• I have tried everything since I was a teenager, including going to 4 different dermatologists and being on Accutane. Nothing worked. Recently I discovered Alba Botanica's Acnedote line, and it is freaking amazing. It works better than every prescription I've tried. My skin is pretty much totally clear now. It is drying, so I use Alba's Hawaiian Green Tea and Aloe moisturizer. You can find the products on Vitacost.com, and they have a lot of different products. I like the wash, the astringent, and the drying lotion (although I can't use it every time because it will make my skin peel a bit). They also have a wonderful scrub that both my husband and I use, although he has perfect skin.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 11:57 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• message me and I will send you some samples of what Mary Kay has to offer. We have AMAZING acne products that people that have tried "EVERYTHING" swear by. Or go to marykay.com to find a consultant in your area and you try it with her, All our products are 100% guarunteed!! Good Luck!!
    mkdirector2011

Answer by mkdirector2011 at 2:24 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• My teen girls have had great success with Zap-it Acne Defense System -its better and less expensive than Pro Active. Good luck.
    Dew1

Answer by Dew1 at 10:55 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• Where on your face do you break out most often? What is your diet like? Do you have any allergies? Have you been tested for food allergies? How are your hormone levels? How's your thyroid? How old are you? How's your sleep? Your stress level? Your water intake?
    All of this should be examined, and more. In the medical industry, skin is the largest organ and the biggest mystery. There's so much to take into account when you're trying to understand how your skin is reacting. In most cases, topical lotions and "remedies" won't do much, consistently. The surface of your skin is a result of internal things happening. First things first, what's happening on the inside?
    clarity333

Answer by clarity333 at 9:21 PM on Jul. 4, 2011