Pregnancy and foster/adoption?

My dh and I are ttc and will be starting foster/adoption training soon. Just curious if I get pregnant if the state will allow a child to be placed with us? I know it may vary by state but I am just curious what you know or have experienced.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:17 PM on Jul. 3, 2011 in Adoption

• As long as you still have the proper housing and bedding you will still be able to have a placement.
    wendydays

Answer by wendydays at 8:18 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• sure u can be a froster mom long as u can give the kids a safe loving home u can adobt
    sassy21176

Answer by sassy21176 at 8:21 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• As long as you still have the room and make enough money then yes
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 8:25 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• sure, you can be a foster parent while ttc, being pregnant and having young biological children. You may get asked a few extra questions about finances, bedroom space and how you might help foster children adjust to the new baby and later how you will help your biological child adjust to foster children. Good luck with TTC and your foster care experience!
    Luuckymommy

Answer by Luuckymommy at 9:15 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• In some states, they have a limit on how many children you can have under age 2 - but TTC won't hinder your ability to foster. Good luck! The world needs more GOOD foster parents!
    Adopting-Again

Answer by Adopting-Again at 4:04 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• Well, the ladies above pretty well said it, but yes, you can still be a foster mom and have a little one...
    momof2redhedz

Answer by momof2redhedz at 12:02 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• I know that some adoption agencies will not allow you to adopt if yup are TTC or pregnant but I think foster placements are different. My child's Bmom was fostering a child while pregnant with my child so it must be possible.

Good luck with both endeavors
    2ndtimewish

Answer by 2ndtimewish at 4:22 PM on Jul. 6, 2011