Do people really get divorced without drama? How?

A few years ago, I was going to get a divorce and DH was a complete tool. He wanted to prove me an unfit mother so he "didn't have to pay child support." He has said this many times over the years, that he didn't want to pay it. *We are still together now* He was going out of his way to make it hard on me and the kids. I had their best interest in mind in all of my decisions. I don't think it should be about one-upping the other, or degrading the other parent, making the kids suffer. So I ask you...can there be a divorce without all the drama and if you have done this, how?

Mrs.B3

Asked by Mrs.B3 at 8:31 PM on Jul. 3, 2011 in Just for Fun

• My now ex husband and I always said if we ever got divorced we'd be civil, not drag kids in the middle etc.However as soon as we decided to get a divorce he did a complete 180 and acted like everyone else does creating drama etc. So I think it's pretty hard to divorce without drama unless both parents are totally committed to it. But then if they can work together that well they probably wouldn't be getting divorced in the first place :)
    Kat31

Answer by Kat31 at 8:56 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• Yes and no. My ex husband was an @$$ and wouldn't sign for 3 years. Had his little girlfriend calling my lawyer, acting like she was me, trying to tell my lawyer I had changed my mind. So one day, soon to be ex shows up at my lawyers office, high as kite, threatening my lawyer. To this day, I don't know what my lawyer said to him, but he stopped harrassing me and I have only seen his face once in 13 years... He didn't even show up at court! HAHAHAHAHA
    strickland1013

Answer by strickland1013 at 8:43 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• Ugh!! I don't think so but I'd like to hear what others have to say too!! Here's a bump!!
    sugamama3

Answer by sugamama3 at 8:36 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• What's your lawyers number strickland?? :P
    sugamama3

Answer by sugamama3 at 8:45 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• i am sure their r people out their that can act approiate and keep drama out at first i could not and even now it hard having kids involved is worse
    calilius108

Answer by calilius108 at 9:15 PM on Jul. 3, 2011