How many weeks were you when you found out the gender? adult content

We just got our sonogram- I'm 12 weeks... AND it's a GIRL!!

tasha94952

Asked by tasha94952 at 8:37 PM on Jul. 3, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Congrats!! I waited till they were born :)
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 8:42 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• Hmmmm....You may want another one considering the genitals aren't fully developed until 14 to 15 weeks.
    Anonymous

• Around 20 weeks for both. I agree you might want to get another one. Most doctors wont tell the sex until at least 16 weeks because they can see the privates clearly and because they are not fully developed.
    SMG1120

Answer by SMG1120 at 8:52 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• 19 and a half.... It could be a boy. Every child starts out as a girl.
    Tink05215

Answer by Tink05215 at 8:58 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• i found at 19 weeks and 5 days with my first and with my second i found out at exactly 19 weeks you may want another one when your around 19-20 weeks so you can know for sure :-)
    alexia_09

Answer by alexia_09 at 12:20 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• With my first, they refused to even make a guess until she was at least 19 weeks along. Because, as someone else said, genitals aren't fully developed at 12 week. I am pregnant with my second, and we just made the BIG ultrasound appointment. In talking to the person booking the appointments, she said that I can book between 18 and 20 weeks, but it was better to do it further along so there's less chance of errors. So we booked it for 20 weeks. I hate to pop your bubble. I know you're excited, but if I were you, I wouldn't go buying a bunch of gender specific clothes and baby items just yet. It would suck to have another ultrasound later on down the road only to find out that, SURPRISE, it's a boy. This actually just happened to a friend of mine. They told her early on that it was a boy, and when she went in for the ultrasound where they check all vital organs (the 18-20 week one) they told her nope, we're mistaken, it's a girl
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 8:51 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• i seem to all ways find out in the last ultra sound cuz my babys didnt want to show their stuff an in the last one they couldnt even give me a 100 percent this is what your haven. so my last they were right an they went on her butt crack an this one they think its a girl but could be wrong couldnt see it good. an been carrying completly different an complet 360 an in my family boys r hard to carry an it has been hope delivery is easy they say 2nd is but its been a hard pregncay so ill expect the worst so i dont get my hopes up going in tuesday. good luck momma
    BOOKER123ABC

Answer by BOOKER123ABC at 10:30 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• Wow. I was 20 weeks when we found out.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 8:40 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• 20wks
    rec104

Answer by rec104 at 8:44 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• Around 20 weeks
    blueberry1

Answer by blueberry1 at 8:48 PM on Jul. 3, 2011