If your not christian why don't you believe in God/Jesus?

Im wanting to know what is the reason why because I do see why someone wouldn't believe in the bible? I understand why some people don't I would just like to hear why not.

FanofJesus

Asked by FanofJesus at 1:47 AM on Jul. 13, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• Because Christianity as a whole seems to be borrowed from everything else. Read this journal post if you think you can without being offended and you'll see what I mean.
    http://www.cafemom.com/journals/read/868733/One_of_my_favorites_Offensive
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 2:34 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• I don't believe in God/ Jesus for the same reason that I don't believe in Zeus. He doesn't exist. I have seen no evidence to convince me otherwise. I was raised in England where you take Religious Education as a mandatory subject and it just never felt right. I would say I believed because I thought that was what I was supposed to do. When I was finally honest with myself and said I was an Atheist I felt like a big weight had been lifted off of my shoulders. To me it is just the way it is. The bible, to me, is the same as the Harry Potter books, or Aesops fables.
    mom_of_3_angels

Answer by mom_of_3_angels at 2:02 AM on Jul. 13, 2008

• I have absolutely no proof, and so much of it is so hypocritical and cruel.
    Even when I have taken the advice of some and HONESTLY prayed, looking for an answer, or a feeling that there is a god, I've gotten NOTHING in return.
    Considering even when I ask, I get nothing, and I despise a lot of God's followers, why would I believe IN God then?
    Now, you can't bulk Jesus and God together though. Jesus is an actual historical person... God is a figment of imagination.
    RanaAurora

Answer by RanaAurora at 2:17 AM on Jul. 13, 2008

• for me i think i fall more in teh jewish/muslim belief. i believe in god, but for me i believe more of the way that jesus was a man, but i dont really buy into the son of god thing. as for the bible, it is hard to take a book written by many different people as complete truth. to me it is basically their take on their religion. the bible has nice parables and stories, but i relaly dont take it at face value. im not christian, but im not agnostic or athiest either. i kinda make up my own religion :)
    kissmiss213

Answer by kissmiss213 at 2:33 AM on Jul. 13, 2008

• I have to agree with the first two posters. I haven't seen one bit of proof that a god exists. I believe Jesus probably existed, but he was a regular guy just like the rest of us. Some of the stories in The Bible are a little too far fetched for me. It's nothing but a work of fiction written by men with quite an imagination.
    lovinmystar

Answer by lovinmystar at 2:55 AM on Jul. 13, 2008

• some people can believe in that and not be christian
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:46 AM on Jul. 13, 2008

• How can you say you don't believe in God? All you have to do is look around you and it's proof there is a God. Do you realize how blessed you are to be able to live and breath? Look at your babies. Who else could come up with something so precious!!

Wake up people!! JMO
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:25 AM on Jul. 13, 2008

• You don't have to be Christian to believe in God.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 8:31 AM on Jul. 13, 2008

• I was indoctrintated with the belief in the God of Abraham and Jesus and believed it for a long time. Now I don't. It wasn't overnight and nothing "bad" happened to me, but came about through much studying, observation and soul-searching, you might say. To me, it is like giving up the belief in Santa, and like someone said, a huge weight lifted.

I actually do believe that the possibility exists that there really was a historical man names Jesus, but that his followers embellished his story down the line.
    Jazzmim

Answer by Jazzmim at 10:07 AM on Jul. 13, 2008

• God, Jesus, and the Bible were created by man.
    MissCreant

Answer by MissCreant at 11:33 AM on Jul. 13, 2008