two sacs of water?

My water broke at home and I went to the ER and I never dilated. So, they put me on pitocin, and I still never went past two CM. Then, she wouldn't sit still so they went to put the probe on her head and another sack broke. And I ended up having a C-section. I asked the DR. why I had two full sacks and he said he didn't know. He was a horrible DR. Someone told me I was supposed to have twins, but the other one either never formed or I lost it and didn't know. Just wondering if anyone knew anything about that?

Courtney508

Asked by Courtney508 at 11:59 PM on Dec. 15, 2008 in Pregnancy

• everyone has more than one sack of water
    robinalbright

Answer by robinalbright at 12:00 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• The same thing happend to me. I was having twins and didnt know it. My baby was born on the out side of the sac and just fell out. But his twin made it ok and was borne normal. The rate of that happening again is sooo little i wouldnt ever worry about it again. Oh and i would get a new DR.
    russian-mommy

Answer by russian-mommy at 12:02 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• Usually the only way u have 2 sacs is if u are caring twins, sometimes they form while caring one but it is ver uncommon... like a 1 and a million kinda thing... this is a medical opinion... from a mom i would say it sounds like u might have been caring twins and one didnt make it some where through out ur pregnancy or like u said didnt develop. it is hard to be sure they should have done test on the after birth and plasenta ... sorry about the spellin computer is messing up
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:04 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• It's odd because I was a twin and my mom lost it.
    Courtney508

Answer by Courtney508 at 12:05 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• When my water broke I went to the hospital and the doctor had to "break the rest of it" he said it was normal
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:08 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• maybe what happened at home was only a leak and more fluid was still in there and that's what they "broke" at the hospital

as to "everyone has more than one sack of water" um no they don't!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:18 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• It's very normal. My water broke before I had contractions, so I ended up in the hospital pretty early on. They had to break my water again while I was in labor to help things progress. Also, there is such a thing as a high leak, which basically means that the leak in the sac is above the head, so it trickles out, but the sac below the head is still intact. And yes, there can be two sacs, regardless of whether or not there were twins at some point.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 3:28 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• Um, no not everyone has more than one sac of water.

It is possible you had a leak and it sealed itself. It's also possible when the bag of waters broke the baby's head came down and "plugged" it, so the doctor had to reach up around and break it from the side.

Why don't you request your medical records? That would give you some answers. Sorry your doctor was such a jerk.
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 3:31 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• When my water broke at home it was a huge gush. And then at the hospital it was another huge gush. He told me there were two sacks. So it wasn't a leak. He also didn't know why babies got the hiccups in the womb, and I told him and he was like oh really? The only good thing about him was I got an ultrasound every visit. But, he is a horrible doctor.
    Courtney508

Answer by Courtney508 at 6:54 AM on Dec. 16, 2008