Extreme bullying

My friend's 8 yr old son gets picked on pretty bad at school. he is almost blind and has some really really thick glasses. He recently got special contacts and some more normal glasses. She thought that the bullying would stop with the new glasses. But it' sactaully gotten worse. She said he came home one day with bruises all over his back. He finally told her that some of the other boys held him down and hit him and kicked him in the balls several times. My friend called me almost hysterical. I told her I would take him to the hospital to get checked out (he said his testicals really hurt) I'd call the cops and then I'd call the school. Yes I know kids get picked on and get beat up. But that was ridiclous. Esp. at school. I want to know where the teachers were? How could it be this bad without anyone seeing? If it were your child what would you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:45 PM on Jul. 3, 2011 in General Parenting

• That's sexual harrassment as well!! She needs to go to the school board or the police. Poor kid :(
    sugamama3

Answer by sugamama3 at 8:48 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• I'd press charges!!
    sugamama3

Answer by sugamama3 at 8:52 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• I agree with all the other moms. New school and press charges. What a terrible situation for her son!
    blueberry1

Answer by blueberry1 at 8:56 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• I cant say what I would do on this website. LOl.
    2and1

Answer by 2and1 at 9:01 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• If it happened at school, call and complain, something can be done. If it happened outside of school, call the police. That is a terrible thing.
    3mom627

Answer by 3mom627 at 9:51 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• SAame as you, eccept take the pictures(you took pictures I hope) and the doctors report to the school and ask them where the hell all the supervison was when this was going on, and that you will be pressing charges. Against the boys and the school.
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 10:26 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• The other kids a acting like that because they see he is different and they do not understand. At the start of the new school year, she should speak to the teacher and go into the class and have her and her son explain what is going on with her son. The kids will have a lot of questions, but I have seen this help other kids because it open up the lines of communication between the disabled child and the other children who do not understand and may not have ever seen anyone with a disability. After the discussion, I bet he will have a lot more friends than he ever had. Encourage the kids to ask questions. The child can explain how the aids work and what its like to have to live like that. That is what kids are courious about and want to ask, but have no forum to do so. So they treat him badly. School starts soon and I know that the school will entertain this type of intro of the student to the other students.
    BrendaW.

Answer by BrendaW. at 1:49 AM on Jul. 7, 2011