I feel like im losing my mind:(

Hubby works 4 the railroad and had to leave today:( I have 4 girls and my husbands daughter right now and there all under the age of 6 and one is autistic. My autistic daughter has been harming herself and everyone especially me around her. And the other 4 girls have been screaming and fighting and its 80 degrees in our house and we have no air conditioning. I have no help and i don't know what to do:( My ex was suppose to help me by taking our autistic daughter this summer but his excuse is he has no one to watch her. I love her but its all to much at once. I have a 7mo a 2yo who IS in her terrible 2's and a 5yo(husbands daughter who is visiting for the summer eventhough he's barely home!) and a 6yo and they like to fight. I need help:(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:09 PM on Jul. 3, 2011 in Relationships

• – collapse
    Birth control would have been a thought. Since you didn't do that good luck.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:12 PM on Jul. 3, 2011 (hidden) + expand

• Can you put on the sprinkler and get them running for exercise? Sometimes when they are bored or too pent up, they need to move around, A LOT. Also, if they are fighting, a separation for a few minutes might be in order. Take control back. Give them each a task and also applaud when they are doing what you want to encourage better behavior. Is there anyone you can call to assist? When in doubt, one good glass of wine will take the edge off. hang in there.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 9:14 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• Can your Ex help you out by taking your daughter part-time. It might be nice to get a break. How about splitting the cost of having a college student come in to help you? Maybe you can find someone majoring in early childhood education, special education, teaching, childcare, etc.. Since your daughter is autistic, do you qualify for any home health services? Sounds like you really need to hire someone. Have you looked into any special needs camps for your daughter? There are several here and they are funded. I think they only cost $15/week.
    momofkids

Answer by momofkids at 9:17 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• Holy crap anon!

I'm sorry hun I have no advice but don't let what anonymous wrote bother you. {{HUGS}}
    marine_wife0520

Answer by marine_wife0520 at 9:42 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• hugsyour autistic one is probably biting because there is so much going on around her and doesn't know how to react. i would put her needs first. try to get the kids out of the house a couple of hours a day and try to keep a routine for them. i know its hard i have three kids age 6 and under and 2 of them are autistic. we don't have a car and i have no one to help out either. just try and remember that summer won't last forever, school will start again soon. also, try to have fun with them. i know its hard now but in a few years you will wish they were little again

ajs16919

Answer by ajs16919 at 9:45 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• I used to have a daycare in my home where I watched 12 kids everyday. I think the key is to have a schedule and STICK TO IT. Breakfast same time everyday, morning activity, morning snack, another planned activity, lunch same time everyday, down for a nap, even the 6 year old. Even if she doesn't sleep and just watches a video, lay them all down on the loving room floor and make them stay there. They WILL get used to the routine. Up from nap after 2 hours, afternoon snack, planned afternoon activity. Maybe trips to the library. I think that you will find that they will all be better behaved once they get used to routine and know what to expect everyday. It may take 2 weeks to get everyone on board. Good luck!

fingers crossed

angelalynn69

Answer by angelalynn69 at 9:48 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• first anon u can Fuck off!!! Why dont u show urself!!!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:57 PM on Jul. 3, 2011