What do you think I should do?

Ive been married to my DH for 15 yrs. He is a bipolar who for 11 yrs refused to be treated. I didn't know that he was Bipolar when i was dating him, or when I married him nor did he. He has been horrible to live with. He has said and done things that are hurtful. We lost a child to SIDS 5 yrs ago and just recently I've been able to come out of my fog, and start looking at life differently. I'm ready to divorce him. the only problem is, is now he is taking meds to help with the bipolar and is doing well. I feel guilty for wanting to leave, because he says that he loves me and wants to work on the marriage. I think its too late. I don't think that I love him any more and feel that I have taken enough from him. What is your oppinion?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:03 AM on Dec. 16, 2008 in Relationships

• You have to do what's best for you. Don't feel guilty for wanting to move on. I can fully understand you wanting to start a new chapter in your life now that is GOOD. Your husband may be doing well now, but there is no guarantee that you will have a happy life going forward.
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 12:16 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• could you message me i have a few questions about living with someone who has bi-polar ill explain more if you message me

and if you feel you are ready to leave if i were you i would take a break and separate for awhile to see what happens and so see if you feel the same way
    bonnie-jo

Answer by bonnie-jo at 12:21 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• think how you would feel if it were reversed and you had said and done those thing because of a health problem
    i am bi-polar and i treated my hubby the way you were treated
    your marriage CAN be saved if you BOTH work at it, but it will be a very long and difficult road to follow, for both of you
    i say try first, before you leave
    bi-polarmommy

Answer by bi-polarmommy at 1:17 AM on Dec. 16, 2008