i'm 37wks i went to the ER cause i wasn't feeling to good. When i was checked by another doc,cause my doc was in the labor room. He checked me and said that my baby may b breech and i might need a c-section. But first i need to let my doc check me.How long does it take for him to schedule a c-section? Could it b a next day appointment?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:05 AM on Dec. 16, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Well, you're only 37 weeks and normal pregnancys can go upto 42 weeks. I say you still have a little ways to go and you definetely don't want to schedule a C section if the baby is breech until term or until you naturally go into labor.
    hgibsonorc

Answer by hgibsonorc at 12:09 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• They may try to manually turn your baby... a c-section is a last resort for breech babies... and like the pp said... you still have about 5 weeks left for your baby to turn her/him self.
    MommyMerKinsX2

Answer by MommyMerKinsX2 at 12:12 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• C-sec's are for emergencies..

A breech baby at 37 weeks is not an emergency. YOu have plenty of time for that baby to turn.
    Don't let the doctor's push you into it. They like making birth a life or death situation...It makes there pockets bigger.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:23 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• There is no reason to schedule a C-section at 37 weeks for a breech baby. There is up to 5 weeks for the baby to turn! Even if you go into labor, they will still have plenty of time to perform a C-section if that's what you choose to do. Yes, I said CHOOSE. A baby in a breech position is not an emergency -- babies have been known to turn DURING labor.
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 3:27 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• He would schedule it atleast a week before your due date. I was due the 23rd of May and had had a chioce of the 11th to the 15th and chose the 15th.
    melibear5715

Answer by melibear5715 at 9:00 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• Get a second opinion. A breech baby can be born vaginally, and there's plenty of time for baby to turn. Avoid a C-section unless you have to, they are riskier for mom and baby and the recovery time tends to be much longer.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 11:48 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• even though ur baby is breech the dr can do a version...they just love csections bcos its more money and easier and faster..
    elsieo

Answer by elsieo at 2:23 AM on Dec. 18, 2008