I'm a young mom to be and I'm nervous what is a way to not be so nervous and scared?

Happy2bemom969

Asked by Happy2bemom969 at 12:11 AM on Dec. 16, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Talk to people. Talk to other moms. Especialy moms that have mulitple kids. Or are older. Thats what I did. And talk to your friends and family if they support you. You can NEVER have enough support while your preggers. And if you have questions ask your doctor. I'm sure they'v heard it a million times. So dont be scared to ask them. I even called my doctor at 3am cause i was scared. She answered me with no problem. You will be fine hunny. Try not to stress out to much. Cause when you get stressed, so does that baby. So try to calm down. Good luck. If you need or want anything you can message me anytime. Take care hun.
    russian-mommy

Answer by russian-mommy at 12:17 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• there really aint a way. i to am a young mom to be im 17 and my little one is due feb 23rd!! the way i got over being nervous and scared is i think about how gr8 life will be with her around. i do sometimes get scared i wont be a good mom but i think most first time mom have that problem. just relax and take life as it comes at u.
    19bubbles91

Answer by 19bubbles91 at 12:19 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• I don't think there's a way to not be scared and nervous. it's a natural response. Having a new baby is a huge step for anyone at any stage in life. my husband and i tried to get pregnant for nine months before we did and it was still terrifying to me when i found out i was pregnant. and there's a whole new set of worries once their here. the only advice to give is try not to think of all the bad things.
    wonderer16

Answer by wonderer16 at 12:25 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• Educate yourself....on what type of birth you want, how to feed your baby & the healthiest way, how to swaddle, tricks to soothe a fussy baby, have a support person/people to back you up or lend a hand. You have a new life to care for so you have to put yourself in the mindset that you won't fail, you'll accomplish raising a baby & let nothing stand in your way.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:27 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• I agree with the other posters bout educating yourself and talking with other people about it. I think everyone get nerveous and scared Im pregnant with my second and I scared too.
    BabyGsMaMa13

Answer by BabyGsMaMa13 at 2:10 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• I think every mom to be (and mom!) is nervous! Know first of all that you are not alone. Then, try to connect with some other moms and moms to be in your area. It can be a HUGE help to be around other women who are in the same place in their lives. It's amazing how much you will find you have in common with them. They're in your Lamaze (or whatever you choose) classes, online, at parks, etc. I found a WONDERFUL mommy group at meetup.com. I love going to the outings and being around other women who are going through or have gone through what I am going through. Arm yourself with knowledge and support, and know that most of what you will learn will be on the job, because every baby is different.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 3:23 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• Try to fill your mind with positive thoughts and experiences and information. Do your best to not listen to horror stories. Read positive books: Birthing from Within, The Birth Partner. Take a new parent class, a breastfeeding class, etc. Go to a La Leche League meeting in your area, talk to new moms and experienced moms who will help ease your fears and answer your questions!
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 3:25 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• Listen to all advice even the ones you know you'll never use (not so easy trust me), and most importantly have plans for your life, not dreams but a set out logical plan that you know you can achieve and have determination to let nothing stop you for achieving those goals you set. Always work your child into these goals and think everything out because life is a lot like a chess game and the one winning is usually the one that thought out several moves ahead. That's about the most I can suggest, make goals and plans and then do them... you'll be fine, my mom was and she had three children very young, raised us while working and going to collage.  Don't worry about being nervous or scared, that has nothing to do with age, but something all "good" people that have the best intentions for their children "should" feel, you sound like you'll be fine!  :-)

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:06 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• im 19 and im pregnant with my first. Im extremely nervous too. I don't really have any advice but if you ever want to talk just add me!
    SaraNicole715

Answer by SaraNicole715 at 10:40 AM on Dec. 16, 2008