I just lost my mom and i'm not taking it too well, is there any way to make it easier?

rosie07child

Asked by rosie07child at 1:50 AM on Jul. 13, 2008 in Relationships

• I am sorry to hear that you lost your mom. One thing to remember is that you don't want to repress the grieving process or you delay your healing. Cry when you need to--look at photos, talk to family members or friends about your mom. Things will get easier one day at a time--but keep her alive in memories even now. God bless.
    Americanmom483

Answer by Americanmom483 at 5:00 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• My condolences, everyone griefs in different ways. Losing a parent is one of life's most difficult test. You feel as if though u don't know how to respond and sometimes you might go into denial to avoid the pain but have faith in your beliefs. Keep the memories alive and seek counsel from a bereavement source if necessary to help with the process. Unfortunately, one is never quite prepared to lose a parent. It's a love one never quite outgrows. Reach out to friends & loved ones. Be gentle with yourself~ May she rest in peace & again I'm sorry for your loss.
    Anonymous

• I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm REALLY not trying to trivialize your situation, but I was watching Denise Richard's reality show last night and the episode was about her greiving for her deceased mom. They were going through her mothers clothes to pack them away and her Dad suggested they make Memory Bears out of her favorite items. I thought that was such a nice way to hold on to a little bit of the one you lost. Thought I'd put that out there, and I sincerely hope it helps.
    Anonymous