serious or just eager to commit? need advice

my bf wants to make a commitment after seeing each other a short time. found out today he was engaged to 4 diff women in the past year. that makes me nervous....he wants me to let him move in only after 3 months dating to me thats too soon....i didnt even bring up marriage with my ex husband till we dated a year and half...... didnt even move in together till we were together about 7 months....you think my bf is just too eager?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:12 AM on Dec. 16, 2008 in Relationships

• "found out today he was engaged to 4 diff women in the past year. that makes me nervous"

It should make you very skeptical of his motives. 4 ex fiances? There is a reason they never made it to the alter. Ask him to slow down. Maybe let him have a drawer at your house and he can stay over occasionally just so you can get to know each other better. DO NOT let him move in or plan on marrying the guy until you figure out why he has so many exes. Well......that is what I would do if it were me.
    LilMae.N.MDJr

Answer by LilMae.N.MDJr at 9:37 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• I would definintly say too eager and not very serious about it at all.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:13 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• It sure sounds like it! That engaged four times in the last year is a major, major red flag. And, as we all know, the best thing for us women to do is to pay attention to those red flags. If not, we could really, really end up getting hurt. I say, follow your instincts and see how long he sticks around to test how commited he really is.
    hgibsonorc

Answer by hgibsonorc at 12:15 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• I would say that being engaged to 4 different women in the past year is a huge red flag. Slow down. Find out more about him and why he broke up with those 4 women before. Be careful.
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 12:15 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• Four different women in a year is your SIGN. If you are not ready don't do it, follow your gutt feelings. Once he moves in there probably won't be a wedding for some time - like they say "Why buy the cow when the milks for free". How did you find out?
    Jeannie29

Answer by Jeannie29 at 12:19 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• Whoa, he sounds like one of those guys you see on Dateline that had 14 wives, scattered across the country and no one knew about each other! But seriously, he sounds like a user...you should call those 4 ex-fiancees to find out the real scoop.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:20 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• he brought it up today when one of his ex's sent him a text....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:23 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Run now. It sounds like he is just trying to move in on you. He is a user of women. Do NOT move him in. You will regret it.
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 12:25 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• There can't be four of us wrong, please do some research.
    Jeannie29

Answer by Jeannie29 at 12:25 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• I take back the "do some research" I say don't give him the time or day. I'm with hopelessnance...
    Jeannie29

Answer by Jeannie29 at 12:27 AM on Dec. 16, 2008