What is your Debt number?

What is the actual number of your debt? Please post anon if you feel comfortable with that. I was just curious because right now I have about $21,000 for student loans, $19,000 for a card, and about $5,500 for credit cards and other purchases, and about $700 in medical bills. Is this way too much debt at 25? or am I just freakin' out over nothing?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:13 AM on Dec. 16, 2008 in Just for Fun

• $100,000
    Anonymous

• actually mine is $0.
    I only pay with cash or debit card.

I'm 26, own my own home and car (2008 kia sadona minivan),
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:14 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• yeah, i would say your c.c. debt is over the top for someone your age. your student loans/car is believable, even the med..i'd get to work on paying off the c.c. asap. whatever has the highest int rate should be gotten rid of.
    we have no debt, other than my car. (fyi:mortgage, unless in default, is considered 'good' debt.)
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 12:26 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• We have very very little left. We own a home free and clear but live in an apartment while we sell it. We own one car free but still owe 13G on my truck. We have a few hospital bills and a couple credit card debts that we occured prior to meeting each other. We acted a little stupid in our early 20's and have spent the last 7 years paying for it.

I'd say all in all less than $20,000 and that does include the truck. We currently do not use credit to purchase items. Cash only. Or debit cards.

Dave Ramsey is my husbands hero. The only reason we still have my truck is because Dave says you can keep your house(mortgage) and since we don't currently have that I put my foot down and demanded that we pay off the truck.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 12:57 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• Once the house sells...we will be DEBT FREE!!! Until we purchase a home. LOL
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 12:58 AM on Dec. 16, 2008