Essure Issues?

I had essure done a year ago and now have extremely heavy periods. I've read abt women having issues and even getting pregnant still after having essure. I'm wondering if you have had it done has your period gotten heavier longer? Mine is now 8 days and very very heavy. When I complained to my Gyno she said they were heavier from being off BC. At first I bought this but my dh reminded me that I was off bc for 5 months before getting preg. with 3rd and my periods were not wack then

Taterstots3

Asked by Taterstots3 at 9:30 PM on Jul. 3, 2011 in Health

• I'm not sure, here's a bump
    sugamama3

Answer by sugamama3 at 9:59 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• I used to have normal periods before I had kids, and I had horrible periods after having children. I wasn't on birth control for several years (I can't take hormones) so I know that wasn't the cause. My doctors never found any real cause for it, but I ended up having an ablation done almost 2 years ago to stop it. I don't know much about Essure though, but I did bump your question. I hope you get some answers.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 12:02 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• I had the Essure 2 1/2 years ago. Didn't notice much of a change in my periods until the last year or so. I do have 1-3 light to very light days, followed by 1-2 very heavy days, then 1 day of very light. I used to be 5 days of pretty even flow. I attribute it more to age, I am 43 then to the Essure due to the fact that your hormone levels and your periods do change as you get older. If it's concerning you bring it up again to your doc... maybe even mention it to your PCP as well as your OB/GYN.

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 12:49 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• I had it years now and my period is terrible. It spots for a week,then its heavy the next week.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 10:42 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• That's suppose to be 2 years.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 10:45 AM on Jul. 4, 2011