How do you know that you

actually have a soul?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:18 AM on Dec. 16, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• I always choke on the word 'soul' because I think it implies something permanent and unchanging. When we were talking to our kids about life/death we called it the 'alive part' of the person or animal. The animating life force that is present in life and absent in death. Clearly there is an energy that is present in a living being and absent in a dead one. Although I don't believe this energy survives unchanged after our death, I do believe it continues on in some way... returning to the sum of the energy in the universe. Physics tells us that energy cannot be created or lost but merely transformed... to me as a pragmatist that goes a long way towards convincing me of the scientific merit of the life force (or soul if you want to use that word) surviving in some shape or form.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 12:42 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• no know can say.
    there is no way of knowing if it's true or not.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:19 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• *no one can say* is what that should say LOL
    Anonymous

• u cant say u just have to believe
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:20 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• My husband and his sister sold their souls to a friend when they were younger for something- who knows with them. Neither one of them believes in souls. They did this before the SImpson epidsode where Bart sold his soul, but, without the remorse.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:23 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• How do you know that you don't?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:27 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• I don't KNOW anything - only the dead would know and they aren't saying... perhaps they aren't any wiser than us on the subject.

But Freela seems to state my views perfectly everytime...lol.
    Thanks Freela!!
    Jill42721

Answer by Jill42721 at 2:36 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• I can't be positive about having a soul but after having my near death experience I STILL remember the feeling of weightlessness when I saw the White Light. I know that I was no longer "attached" to my earth body and the law of gravity. I've also had a few astral travel experiences.
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 8:04 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• Do you have a conscience? Your conscience has a lot to do with your soul.
    Anonymous

• we dont know anything
    Anonymous