I just lost my mom and i'm not taking it well, Is there any help out there?

rosie07child

Asked by rosie07child at 1:54 AM on Jul. 13, 2008 in Relationships

• If you need a friend please don't hesitate to write me I just lost my mom this past february and I still don't take it easy.
    JustinScottsMom

Answer by JustinScottsMom at 2:08 AM on Jul. 13, 2008

• seek a support group from the community from whatever took her life. They know intimately what your particular loss experience is like - they'll understand you - Nothing sooths the pain like someone who knows what you're going through. I lost my Mom to a stroke - she's still her, but not for me anymore - I'm here for her and the void is real, it's plapable, and hard. I find journaling helps me cope with that loss of conversation - My heart goes out to you - make time to express humor, love and joy that would make your Mom happy - you'll feel better - Nothing can replace your Mom in your life -but you can, with time, find your way to celebrate who she was for you, and all the traits of hers that made her special. cyber hugs of strenght and hope to you!
    KatKallingMom

Answer by KatKallingMom at 5:50 AM on Jul. 13, 2008

• If you find out let me know...lost my GMA (my mother basically) end of May...I find stuff to laugh about that I remember. I get upset with songs or not being able to call her when I would have. I keep busy...its hard I am hoping itgets better. Im sure it does
    CGMom1107

Answer by CGMom1107 at 7:12 AM on Jul. 13, 2008

• There is nothing more traumatic than losing a mother. My heart goes out to you. If you need a hug just PM me and I'm there for you. Hugs, Addie

Answer by admckenzie at 8:51 AM on Jul. 13, 2008

• A lot of churches offer grief counseling...you can always try that.
    HeatherTurner

Answer by HeatherTurner at 3:19 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• I lost my mother when I was 12yo. Now at 24 and being a new mother I miss her more. I don't think we ever get over the grief, but we move past it and continue our life.
    Anonymous

• Sorry to hear that :( One book I recommend is Motherless Daughters.
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 11:38 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• Im so sorry to hear you lost your mom!
    I know the feeling i lost my mom 30 years ago when i was only 6 and i have never had her to see me grow up or even my daughter being born!Yes i miss her all the time and believe me when i tell you i have never gotten over it but i cope with it every day when i look into my daughters face and see my mom so much in her!I wish i could change time and bring her back but shes been gone for so long and i just go on knowing i will be with her again when im gone! I hope your able to go on in knowing that your mom is watching over you and whatever you 2 shared will always be there!And she will forever be in your mind and heart and your childrens mind and heart!
    momof11995

Answer by momof11995 at 11:55 AM on Jul. 15, 2008

• try searching groups adn if there isn't one, try starting one yourself. and talk to the hospitals. they may know of some support groups.
    i am sorry to hear that your mom passed on, but you know, you haven't really lost her. all the things she taught you, all the memories you shared, they live on in you. therefore she lives on too. and i know she is looking down on you from heaven and she is proud of you because you get out of bed each day.
    just remember you have to get through nothing but one breath at a time.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 3:19 AM on Jul. 16, 2008

• there;s agroup here on CM called motherless moms
    woodswalker

Answer by woodswalker at 2:50 AM on Oct. 25, 2008