What would you do if................

If you found a purse or wallet or just money, with or without identification, would you do your best to return it to it's rightful owner, such as turning it into the police if there were no identification? Or would you keep it for yourself and say Finders keepers, losers weepers?

maggiebgood

Asked by maggiebgood at 10:04 PM on Jul. 3, 2011 in Money & Work

• I would turn it in, no matter how small the cash amount. You never know if that $20 was someone's gas money to get to work or the last twenty bucks they had. If I didn't earn it, I don't want it. I have gone back to a store to return $5 someone gave me extra in change. They looked at me like they were baffled, but I know friends who have worked as clerks and anything over a dollar or so short when time came to count the drawer and they would get in big trouble with certain managers. You never know the flip side to other scenario. My mom is the same way...and when she lost her wallet because she left it on top of her car, someone found it on the side of a highway and called her to let her know it was found. Nothing was taken. And it was a designer wallet on top of that. Karma...that's all I'm saying.
    ErinHill226

Answer by ErinHill226 at 3:55 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• I would turn it in to the police. Chances are if they can't find the owner it will come back to you anyway. I couldn't stand the thought of keeping money that someone else may have really needed.
    Mom2theboy1994

Answer by Mom2theboy1994 at 10:06 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• turn it in to the police. it's the only right thing to do. if it's not yours, it's not right to keep it, period.
    cypressandsage

Answer by cypressandsage at 10:24 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• I have in the past turned in the money and when the person came back for it they offered me a reward and I turned it down. If the problem occurs in the future I will again turn it in.
    coala

Answer by coala at 10:25 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• I found 60 bucks on the floorat the grocery store. I turned it into security but I think they kept it. But at least I turned it in.
    rebock

Answer by rebock at 10:30 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• If there was an id yes I would return it if it was cash I wouldn't care the amount. I would figure "its meant to be" my lucky day that is ;)
    myownhappiness

Answer by myownhappiness at 10:06 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• I should clarify if it was cash no id just lonely old cash I would keep it.
    myownhappiness

Answer by myownhappiness at 10:07 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• If it were a purse or wallet, I would bring it to the police. If it were cash, it would depend on the amount. $10 or $20 bucks, I'd probably keep....but if it were large amounts...hundreds...I would bring it the police.
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 10:10 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• I like to think that I'm a pretty good citizen.
    Someone in my complex apparently lost their really expensive watch that I found. I put up fliers. After 15 days of no one claiming it, it became mine.

So, I'd probably put up a flier or something...if no one claimed it, then I would take it.
    Chloesmom1126

Answer by Chloesmom1126 at 10:58 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• Turn it in if there was a lot of cash in there. It is the right thing to do!

mkdirector2011

Answer by mkdirector2011 at 1:50 AM on Jul. 4, 2011