How do I find "little league" teams when moving to a new city?

Moved from Indiana to Orlando and my 6 year old son loves sports, problem is I am not having any luck at places to sign him up or even a place to get info on it...

tbentley1014

Asked by tbentley1014 at 10:22 PM on Jul. 3, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Call the city's parks and rec dept, they should at least be able to give you an idea where to look. We live in FL, our Little League (in our city) leaves all the applications at the Parks and Leisure services office and they collect all the money for them and all. The next city over from us does it all through Parks and Rec even though it is all Little League. I want to say that I saw a banner posted in the YMCA even for sign ups. Little League handed out flyers in the Christmas parade too.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 10:26 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• Oh I wanted to add that Little League itself plays in the spring. However you may find other programs that play in the fall (like through the parks and rec).
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 10:28 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• Thank you, I will try that too! I asked at the YMCA and the lady acted like she had no idea what I was saying, lol... Gets frustrating..
    tbentley1014

Comment by tbentley1014 (original poster) at 10:30 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• Try again at your local YMCA. Who you talked to may have been a Volunteer who didn't know much.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 10:48 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• Ymca Google or even grocery store bullitin board
    rinamomof2

Answer by rinamomof2 at 11:51 AM on Jul. 4, 2011