Can stress really lead to miscarriage?

My husbands phone is off after a big fight yesterday. He lied to me and i told him id never trust him again all day I've tried contacting him and no response. Now I have shooting pain in both sides of my belly. Ahh I'm so upset i don't know what to do.

sugamama3

Asked by sugamama3 at 10:35 PM on Jul. 3, 2011 in Relationships

• Stress caused my last MC. You should try any method you can think of to calm yourself and your body.
    cueballsmom

Answer by cueballsmom at 12:00 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• it definitely can, however i doubt it would happen so quickly... better call your doctor just in case :/
    cypressandsage

Answer by cypressandsage at 10:36 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• I think you should go to the hospital and no stress is not good for the baby. You may be having pains because of the stress
    MsPhyllis1985

Answer by MsPhyllis1985 at 10:36 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• it's not healthy, but pregnancy itself is stress, no it normally does not cause spontaneous abortion
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 10:39 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• Yes it can cause miscarriage but usually it seems like its extended periods of stress. The women I know who have miscarried due to stress were stressed out over major things like foreclosure, or a big move. Hope everything turns out ok with you. I would call your doctor and let them know whats going on & how you are feeling just in case.
    soccerchik8287

Answer by soccerchik8287 at 11:36 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• Yes, it can. It would have to be a great deal of stress though. Try and relax.
    Buxom.Bride

Answer by Buxom.Bride at 11:44 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• Thanks ladies, a bath helped with the pain for now :)
    sugamama3

Comment by sugamama3 (original poster) at 2:10 AM on Jul. 4, 2011