Sleep

What is the cut off age for a child to sleep with you. I have two sons that still sleep with me. One is 8 yrs and the other is 7 yrs. They have their own beds 

peace5

Asked by peace5 at 11:00 PM on Jul. 3, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• You do whatever works best for your family.
    beckie66

Answer by beckie66 at 11:20 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• I dunno thats way too old for me but its really your choice. My oldest slep twith us till 2 and my girls12mos
    serenityspeaks

Answer by serenityspeaks at 11:39 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• I never had my children sleep with me (crib to toddler bed to twin bed)! I think children should only sleep in parents room when they had a bad dream or something like that. You should try to start getting them in their own beds ... just talk with them about it ... give them a bedtime and tuck them in nicely!
    isismoon3

Answer by isismoon3 at 11:39 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• My dd is 7 she tries to sleep with me I give in majority of the time
    rinamomof2

Answer by rinamomof2 at 11:50 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• Industrialized nations are the only nations that shove infants and small children off into rooms of their own.

I let all 4 of my children sleep with me. Mainly because I breastfed and it was easier to have them in bed with me.

Guess what, they all eventually moved to their own beds!

my oldest takes the bar exam in sept!

my second son is in the military and impressed his CO with his take charge attitude and mentoring younger men in the platoon.

my third son is 20 and in art school and just signed up to enter the navy when he gets out of college.

my 14 yr old has another few months and will make eagle scout.

all are well adjusted and very mature. all are polite to others.

do what is right for you and your children. If you really want to start the transition to their own room one thing that might work for you is to get them beds of their own , in your room.
    I_luv_Vera

Answer by I_luv_Vera at 12:45 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

• Personally, I don not let my children sleep with me unless my DH is gone, from day 1 they are in a bassinett then a playpen thn their crib and so on.... when DH is gone my 4 ad 5 you sleep with me, but 5 is my MAX cut off for that
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 6:36 PM on Jul. 7, 2011