4th of July, Fireworks and why NOT stop them and contribute all the money we have spent

on them towards paying down the national debt?? Anyone? Doesn't it make more sense than us spending literally millions of dollars on fireworks, which equals to us lighting a match to our money?? Help, I can't stand it anymore.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:04 PM on Jul. 3, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Just think of all the money spent all over the USA on Fireworks,...they're EXPENSIVE. and so damn noisy! There is some jerk setting them off in our neighborhood right now , keeping babies awake and making me mad. I hate them. And it is only July 3rd!!!
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 11:14 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• All I know is the whole panhandle area of Texas and Oklahoma are not allow to sell or set off fireworks this year so I guess that does help us all save on money!
    SkylaReneeMom

Answer by SkylaReneeMom at 11:13 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• lighten up, change your tampon, and learn how to have some fun
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 11:13 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• the sale of fireworks DOES contribute to the economy. We are one of the few counties that allow fireworks we get ALL the revenue from surrounding cities, that includes sales tax, shelter rentals, food supply and other retailer items in the area.
    vntNyll

Answer by vntNyll at 11:14 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• Does the federal gov't even do a firework show for the 4th? Or is it put on by DC?
    miss_lisa

Answer by miss_lisa at 11:09 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• Not sure if its DC or the government who pays for the fireworks show down there but I've seen it before! I was younger but it was a really good show! Would love to go back with my daughter some day!
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 11:13 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

Answer by momofone725 a minute ago

-----------------------------
    That was SO rude! Fireworks are so expensive and we can't afford luxuries such as fireworks anymore. Well...we haven't been able to afford them for years anywhere in the USA. Spending money on this kind of thing is how people get in debt. The country too.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 11:17 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• Fireworks stimulate the economy? LOL.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 11:18 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• I love 4th of July. They have been setting them off here all weekend. Why would i give the money i spend on fireworks to a incompetent government that can't control their spending. My family budget is balanced. I'll light a match to my money if i so feel like it. You know, that freedom thing we are celebrating on July 4th.
    Trinity001

Answer by Trinity001 at 11:18 PM on Jul. 3, 2011

• Hey, if there is a law against it, call the cops. Otherwise get over it. The big shows usually have DONATED fireworks and VOLUNTEERS.
    cueballsmom

Answer by cueballsmom at 11:16 PM on Jul. 3, 2011